When in St Martin - BUY GUAVABERRY RUM!

meissen

Oye - I am absolutely kicking myself in the butt. I went to St Martin just last week - Sunday, November 12th - and I did not buy any guavaberry rum! I let my wife talk me into waiting and seeing if we found it in St Thomas or Nassau for better prices. D'OH! I didn't realize until tonight that you can only buy Guavaberry on St Martin island and they won't ship to the US! *facepalm*

If I had known, I would have bought tons of rum to bring back.

Anyone happen to be going to St Martin soon and would be willing to pick up a bottle or two for me? I know this is my first post on this forum so I don't have much "forum cred" (reputation / post counts) but I own other vBulletin forums (I won't post the URL as I don't want to advertise, but can back up my trustworthy reputation if need be) and I'd be willing to compensate for the trouble, if so.

Anyway - regardless, if you go to St Martin buy some guavaberry rum and enjoy it! You can't buy it on any other island and they won't ship to the US as their US distributor fell apart. :(

Oye - I am absolutely kicking myself in the butt. I went to St Martin just last week - Sunday, November 12th - and I did not buy any guavaberry rum! I let my wife talk me into waiting and seeing if we found it in St Thomas or Nassau for better prices. D'OH! I didn't realize until tonight that you can only buy Guavaberry on St Martin island and they won't ship to the US! *facepalm*

Anyone happen to be going to St Martin soon and would be willing to pick up a bottle or two for me? I know this is my first post on this forum so I don't have much "forum cred" (reputation / post counts) but I own other vBulletin forums (I won't post the URL as I don't want to advertise, but can back up my trustworthy reputation if need be) and I'd be willing to compensate for the trouble, if so.

Anyway - regardless, if you go to St Martin buy some guavaberry rum and enjoy it! You can't buy it on any other island and they won't ship to the US as their US distributor fell apart. :(

Did you actually taste it??? I think that it tastes just like cough syrup!!:eek:

This is rough stuff for the tourists - There are far better rums available in the Caribbean and USA for the purists.

but a rum based cordial that is very sweet. Sort of concentrated Manishevitz. If you really like rum try or buy an aged Martinique rhum like Trois Riveres or Clement.

Hi SeaBands,

I'm actually looking for some Clément Canne Bleue on my next cruise. Do you know what islands carry this? You probably already have a link to this website, some great rums listed and reviewed: http://www.rumgallery.com/

• 3 years later...

I JUST found a distributor that will ship this to your house. I searched what seemed like FOREVER! Let me know if you want the link :D They require a minimum order of $100 - so I had to get 5 bottles, but it was soooooo worth it. From what I can tell, unless you live in FL, or the Northeast, you're not buying it here in the states....