Connecting at CDG

fnewman

We have a DL flight from ATL - CDG then connecting to AF to Athens. Can anyone give me some recent information concerning such connections there? Time, passport control, likely distance between gates, etc. Is there a web site that lists current gate assignments?

• 3 weeks later...

Check the CDG website, it is pretty good. Try to determine what gate/terminal your incoming flight arrives as well as the departing flight.

We have transferred a couple of times at CDG and didn't have any problems.

We've connected through CDG twice. The first time (midday) was a nightmare due to the crowds and the need to switch terminals. The most recent (a couple weeks ago was a breeze).

A lot will depend on the time of day you connect (our last was at 7:00AM so we beat the crowds) and whether or not you have to change terminals.

Your ticket (or the CDG website) should help you determine if your connection is in the same terminal or not.

We have a DL flight from ATL - CDG then connecting to AF to Athens. Can anyone give me some recent information concerning such connections there? Time, passport control, likely distance between gates, etc. Is there a web site that lists current gate assignments?

Hi fnewman,

We have been through CDG a number of times, most recently last May. A helpful web site that we use is easycdg.com they give routes and travel times and photos of the terminals along the way. We flew AF from LAX a landed in 2E. There are 3 terminals in 2E and a train to other connections. We have always landed in 2E for international flights. We went through passport control (we had Sky Priority so it was a little faster) and the walked to 2F for our flight to Amsterdam.....I would assume this would be the terminal to Athens....we flew there in 2008. This time we had less than an hour to connect, and we made it, though out of breath!

Hopefully you will have more time to connect. This web page was very helpful and the info was accurate.

Good luck!

Karen

Edited by Loreto

• 1 month later...

We just flew AF to Venice via CDG

Landed at gate 2E M something (all the way at the end). We got off the A380 pretty quickly, got on to the packed train to the main terminal, followed the signs through the maze, ended up at a security check for less than 10 min, then passport control, then more maze to 2F gate 51, (once again all the way at the end) got there just as the started boarding.

I had questioned the Cunard agent about having only an hour to change planes, her response was that the airline system wouldn't offer it if it couldn't be done.

Well, they were half right, we made it, however our checked baggage didn't.

The missing bag people at VCE were able to confirm that our bags were still at CDG. We did paperwork, gave them our hotel's address and trekked out to the boat to town, let our hotel know to expect the bags sometime.

The bags were in our room when we returned from dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums