Partitions

foxcent

Does anyone know if Partitons may be removed. This is my dilema.......

6350 & 6354 are connecting cabins, however the balcony partitions do not connect.

Cabin 6350 balcony partition opens to cabin 6346.

Cabin 6354 balcony partition opens to cabin 6356.

Partitions, as mentioned swing open and are then stacked against the inboard side. If you have connecting cabins the rooms are mirror images of each other and the partitions would then block one of the exterior doors, especially on ships where the outside wall is a glass door and a full window.

I know this same thing happened to me. I was told when I booked that they were connecting cabins and also the balcony partitions would open to connect. Than was told by other cc members not so. Some people have told me that they will open once onboard and others have said no. I guess will have to hope maybe get lucky and will be able to have them opened? :confused: I am on the magic cabins 9402 & 9404.

Partitions are never removed. They are merely swung open. The original intent was to make it easy to mass clean the balconies on turn around day.

6350 & 6354 are connecting cabins, however the balcony partitions do not connect.

So does this mean that our partions can be swung open and we can converse between our balcony rooms??????

I know this same thing happened to me. I was told when I booked that they were connecting cabins and also the balcony partitions would open to connect. Than was told by other cc members not so. Some people have told me that they will open once onboard and others have said no. I guess will have to hope maybe get lucky and will be able to have them opened? :confused: I am on the magic cabins 9402 & 9404.

Well Vbecky you board sooner than me once you return from your cruise and you come back to this question and let me know since we can not get the true answer :(:(

Partitions, as mentioned swing open and are then stacked against the inboard side. If you have connecting cabins the rooms are mirror images of each other and the partitions would then block one of the exterior doors, especially on ships where the outside wall is a glass door and a full window.

I'm not uderstanding do anyone have any pictures of what Sweet Dutch Girl is talking about???????

This means there is an interior door between the cabins. The partition cannot be opened.

I just returned from Carnival Magic 2/19/2015. We had friends in a junior suite next door. Once we boarded the ship, we went to guest services and requested that the partition be opened between the balcony and guest services had our room steward handle this for us. It made it very convenient:) to go from room to room and our balcony was twice as big.

I'm not uderstanding do anyone have any pictures of what Sweet Dutch Girl is talking about???????

to see a picture of a connecting balcony cabin type in (at your search engine):

connecting balcony cabins on carnival. There are pictures of connecting cabins. You will see that the doors are on the same side of the cabin opposite the bed. The room the door is connecting to looks exactly the same only flipped. You can see that the balcony partition when folded against the wall would block a balcony door.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

This picture was posted recently and shows how the balconies are arranged. If you have two cabins that have the windows by the balcony divider, the divider can be opened and partially block one of the windows. But if you have balconies with the doors adjacent to the divider, opening the divider would swing over and be latched in place, blocking one of the doors.

Carnival%20balcony_zpsgdzgefyq.jpg

These pictures are of Splendor, but unfortunately a bit smaller.

669046068307_0_ALB.jpg

369046068307_0_ALB.jpg

759046068307_0_ALB.jpg

253436068307_0_ALB.jpg

Edited by Essiesmom

I would use website above to check. When traveling with my family on the Miracle, I was told by Carnival res that our 3 Aft balcony partitions could be opened. We asked our room steward and he directed us to GS. While there we were told AFT balcony partitions could never been opened and our TA gave us wrong info. When I told him I spoke to XXX on XXX date and XXX time at Carnival did he apologize. They gave us extra keys to the other cabins. Instead of going from balcony door to balcony door we went from state room door to state room door in our PJ's which was fine, no one was back there!:)

I just returned from Carnival Magic 2/19/2015. We had friends in a junior suite next door. Once we boarded the ship, we went to guest services and requested that the partition be opened between the balcony and guest services had our room steward handle this for us. It made it very convenient:) to go from room to room and our balcony was twice as big.

Is this for certain rooms or can all Partitions be removed. That is the question. Some says you can some are saying you can't.

The room that have the connecting balcony maybe you can remove the partitions but if your room is connecting and the balconies are not connecting can you remove those partitions is the question????????

FYI all balcony partitions cannot be opened. We had a spa room on the Dream and was told the balcony partition could not be opened to the neighbor on the right. It could only be opened to the neighbor on the left.

Thank you this is the answer I think I am looking for.....

I would use website above to check. When traveling with my family on the Miracle, I was told by Carnival res that our 3 Aft balcony partitions could be opened. We asked our room steward and he directed us to GS. While there we were told AFT balcony partitions could never been opened and our TA gave us wrong info. When I told him I spoke to XXX on XXX date and XXX time at Carnival did he apologize. They gave us extra keys to the other cabins. Instead of going from balcony door to balcony door we went from state room door to state room door in our PJ's which was fine, no one was back there!:)

So does that mean that no one was in the staterooms on the connecting balconies???? Confused:confused::confused:

FYI all balcony partitions cannot be opened. We had a spa room on the Dream and was told the balcony partition could not be opened to the neighbor on the right. It could only be opened to the neighbor on the left.

All partitions can be opened, I've seen it on one of my sailings. However, it was for something the crew was doing (I'm thinking it was the disembarking day). They have to be able to open them all in case of a storm and in a cove. When those balcony doors need to be sealed off, it doesn't make sense for crew to go door to door to get through everyone's cabin.

Under normal circumstances they are not opened this way. If the two doors are side by side, one door gets blocked off with a petition. That leaves no exit to a balcony (and a friend will have to come through your cabin to get to their own balcony!

Is this for certain rooms or can all Partitions be removed. That is the question. Some says you can some are saying you can't.

The room that have the connecting balcony maybe you can remove the partitions but if your room is connecting and the balconies are not connecting can you remove those partitions is the question????????

I believe the question has been answered and reasons given. Time to call it a day, at least for me.

All partitions can be opened, I've seen it on one of my sailings. However, it was for something the crew was doing (I'm thinking it was the disembarking day). They have to be able to open them all in case of a storm and in a cove. When those balcony doors need to be sealed off, it doesn't make sense for crew to go door to door to get through everyone's cabin.

Under normal circumstances they are not opened this way. If the two doors are side by side, one door gets blocked off with a petition. That leaves no exit to a balcony (and a friend will have to come through your cabin to get to their own balcony!

^^^^this.

They just won't open certain partitions for specific reasons. Some of which have been mentioned in this thread.

^^^^this.

They just won't open certain partitions for specific reasons. Some of which have been mentioned in this thread.

Not sure in what context you are referring. My statement was during a cruise end, not during a cruise. You could see the whole deck length.

During a cruise, only specific partitions can be opened, and from what I read, it's only with 2 consenting parties and arranged through GS.