Athens, Greek Port of Piraeus, Review of our Day in Port

Iluvcruising2

• 2 weeks later...
I also would like an idea of a price. Is it per person and half or all day? We will be in Athens in Oct.

It was 200 Euros for all 6 of us in the same mini-van plus driver.

Pretty much the entire day at port.

We met the driver at 8am, got back to the ship past 3pm.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

6 in my group - 4 adults and 2 kids.

The cost was 200 Euros. This cost is only for the driver and excludes all the fees to the attractions and lunch.

If you want a driver plus licensed tour guide, the cost is about 400 Euros.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the wonderful share.

I have just received an email from PK with several options.

I note you did not use a guide: if you had a do over, would you?

TIA

Jules

Thanks for the wonderful share.

I have just received an email from PK with several options.

I note you did not use a guide: if you had a do over, would you?

TIA

Jules

No, I wouldn't use a guide.

We prefer to walk around ourselves and read up about the places on our own.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read this from Our Daily Bread. Poignant. http://odb.org/

As an early riser, my wife enjoys the quiet moments before the house wakes up and uses it to read the Bible and pray. Recently she settled into her favorite chair, only to be confronted by a rather messy couch left there by “someone” watching a football game the night before. The mess distracted her at first, and her frustration with me interrupted the warmth of the moment.

Then a thought hit her, and she moved to the couch. From there, she could look out our front windows to the sun rising over the Atlantic Ocean. The beauty of the scene God painted that morning changed her perspective.

As she told me the story, we both recognized the lesson of the morning. While we can’t always control the things of life that impact our day, we do have a choice. We can continue to brood over the “mess,” or we can change our perspective. When Paul was in Athens, “he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols” (Acts 17:16 niv). But when he changed his perspective, he used their interest in religion as an opportunity to proclaim the true God, Jesus Christ (vv.22-23).

As my wife left for work, it was time for someone else to change his perspective—for me to let the Lord help me to see my messes through her eyes and His.

-------------

INSIGHT: The Areopagus (vv.19,22) was like an ancient philosophical think tank. There the wisest thinkers and philosophers of the day would assemble to wrestle with important ideas and teachings. This made it the ideal place for Paul to present the good news and teachings of Jesus.

-------------

When you visit Athens, don't forget to visit Areopagus Hill!

. . .

The weather today was good and it would get better. We were blessed, this is winter. It could easily have rained. The views from this lookout were breathtaking. See the Acropolis in the distance. We would be headed there later.

96ki91.jpg

Did you notice your ship docked at Pireaus in the background?

nice to read that you enjoyed my home city!!!thank you very much for visiting greece respecting our history and helping with our economy on these very bad and difficult days we face at this country.The country that i was born and that i so truely and deeply love and respect!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Iluvcruising2,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I put in a request with pktravel for April. My trip is a week away and I am looking forward to Athens. I hope I get to see more of your experiences; as it is a great help.
God bless you and your family.