Walk off ship & hire taxi tour?

MMMD

Will be on the Breakaway to Bermuda in October.

Not sure which day we will tour Bermuda so don't want to reserve in advance.

Is it possible to just walk off the ship & hire someone? I see from other comments that Blue Flag taxis are what I should be looking for.

There will only be the 2 of us.

Never been to Bermuda before so I'm not even sure what to see. This is why I thought a private taxi tour (combined with the fact that I hate buses) would be perfect for us.

Thoughts on where to go? (including shopping :) )

Thanks!

(I thought I had already posted this question, but can't find it. If it is repeated, I'm sorry about that)

Will be on the Breakaway to Bermuda in October.

Not sure which day we will tour Bermuda so don't want to reserve in advance.

Is it possible to just walk off the ship & hire someone? I see from other comments that Blue Flag taxis are what I should be looking for.

There will only be the 2 of us.

Never been to Bermuda before so I'm not even sure what to see. This is why I thought a private taxi tour (combined with the fact that I hate buses) would be perfect for us.

Thoughts on where to go? (including shopping :) )

Thanks!

(I thought I had already posted this question, but can't find it. If it is repeated, I'm sorry about that)

You can walk off and hire a private taxi tour. Go to Zone 3 for island taxi tours that are not pre arranged.

https://chasfotos.smugmug.com/Bermuda-Zones/i-7ZZBKd7/0/M/IMG_1112-M.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

We were there last week.

I ask for a few quotes for taxi beforehand (all the same price), but I chose Marcus Jones since he was very professional in his answers.

Turn out to be a great choice!

Marcus is very well-rounded and we had wonderful discussions with him.

We went to Crystal Caves, he waited for us and then drove us to Horsheshoe Beach.

He even made a stop to the Aquarium so the kids could see the big turtles in front of the Aquarium

You can reach him at: msaccounts@logic.bm

We were there last week.

I ask for a few quotes for taxi beforehand (all the same price), but I chose Marcus Jones since he was very professional in his answers.

Turn out to be a great choice!

Marcus is very well-rounded and we had wonderful discussions with him.

We went to Crystal Caves, he waited for us and then drove us to Horsheshoe Beach.

He even made a stop to the Aquarium so the kids could see the big turtles in front of the Aquarium

You can reach him at: msaccounts@logic.bm

Can you tell us how long he was with you and the cost?

Hello

There was no minimum hours asked by Marcus.

The reason we took a taxi is that we did not want to spend most of the day in public transportation with so little time there. That was a great decision!

It tooked about 50 minutes from the ship to Crystal Caves and then 25 minutes from Crystal Caves to Horsheshoe Beach, total 125$ with tip.

My only regret is not to have asked him to pick us up form the beach as it was total chaos to go back to the ship. There is only one line for bus and taxi, so we end up waiting at leat 30 minutes under burning sun, some people were almost fainting due to the heat.

As I said, Marcus is well educated about the island, know his way inside out. He studied in economy and lived in Canada, so we had interesting conversations about everything.

I highly recommend him and I am sure you will like him as well.

Hello

There was no minimum hours asked by Marcus.

The reason we took a taxi is that we did not want to spend most of the day in public transportation with so little time there. That was a great decision!

It tooked about 50 minutes from the ship to Crystal Caves and then 25 minutes from Crystal Caves to Horsheshoe Beach, total 125$ with tip.

My only regret is not to have asked him to pick us up form the beach as it was total chaos to go back to the ship. There is only one line for bus and taxi, so we end up waiting at leat 30 minutes under burning sun, some people were almost fainting due to the heat.

As I said, Marcus is well educated about the island, know his way inside out. He studied in economy and lived in Canada, so we had interesting conversations about everything.

I highly recommend him and I am sure you will like him as well.

Based on your description he may not Blue Flag taxi driver, but rather an independently operating tour provider. Or he could be a Blue Flag driver not precisely following the rules.

Edited by njhorseman