1st time to rotan, Belize, and Cozumel

Lovin the cruisin life

This will be our first cruise to these areas and I am looking for suggestions for what to do while in port. We are traveling with an 8 year old and 3 year old. My favorite was zipline but I had shoulder surgery recently and I don't think this would be good idea this time... Also we don't mind spending money on excursions but not looking to spend a fortune. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seems you will be cruising on Carnival.

In Roatan Carnival docks a Mahogany Bay and there's a beach right there. (10 minute walk or you could take the chair lift)

Since you are recovering from shoulder surgery, a simple beach day could be perfect for you and your family. :)

LuLu

HI,

We just got back on May 11th form those ports. We did this cruise back in January 13 and it rained most of the time. This time weather was great.

We booked Little French Key through their website and you can scuba, snorkel or just lay around on the beach. There is a small cove where the children can play and you can sit right there and watch them. The price includes I believe 2 free drinks and food. Lobster, Beef and Chicken all on the same plate. It was delicious. No worries getting to the island or returning to the ship, just keep tabs on the time and there will not be any problems.

Didn't do anything in Belize except some shopping.

Cozumel, there are several all inclusive beaches. There is plenty of shopping and other things to do. We did a snorkeling excursion through Shore Excursioneers for FE snorkeling. That is the name of the company, FE. My wife booked it through Trip Advisor. While on the snorkeling boat, one of the crew told us about a restaurant out of the way and not touristy, called Bahia Del Caribe. Had some delicious Lion Fish.

• 3 weeks later...

These are by far our favorite ports... In Cozumel we do mr sanchos... They have horse back riding parasailing a tv tours all very reasonable.

Belize we did a private tour with nacho and Cynthia we went to the ruins it was an awesome time and very reasonable for just the two of us and our guides and was a valentines day we will never forget...

Roatan we did a tour with victor bodden and went to the monkeys and also to do some shopping was a wonderful trip

We hope you have a great time

Happy planning

• 3 weeks later...
This will be our first cruise to these areas and I am looking for suggestions for what to do while in port. We are traveling with an 8 year old and 3 year old. My favorite was zipline but I had shoulder surgery recently and I don't think this would be good idea this time... Also we don't mind spending money on excursions but not looking to spend a fortune. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Goff's Caye was an easily place in Belize; they have the island that you can get off at, and then can snorkel from the boat. When my son was just shy of 3, we alternated on the island with him...he had a blast exploring the water's edge, while the other snorkeled with the older from the boat or shore.

On a side note, while I am often a fan of "non ship sponsored excusrions" Belize is not the place for that...seen too many people miss the ship, as it is a 15 minute tender ride to shore.

In Cozumel, our fav is Chakanaab park...and you can save a ton by pre-booking with them direct as if you are coming from a hotel. We have done multiple dolphin encounters and think that the snorkeling from shore is some of the best. It is a huge park with tons of space for the kids to run and play. They also have a croc exhibit, playground, pool etc.

Roatan is my favorite port and you can't go wrong with a customized island tour with Victor Bodden - you could leave out the zip line park but still visit the monkey area which is tons of fun for the kids. Tabayana beach is excellent for snorkeling right from shore. And Gumbalimba park is fun for monkeys, birds and relaxing by the pool or small beach. I have yet to be content staying put in the port area, though it is very pretty.

Mahagony Bay Roatan is suppose to have a beautiful beach, unfortunately our cruise on the Carnival Dream missed the port because of wind, they couldn't get the ship into port. It was a beautiful day, no bad weather, just a little windy. Just be aware that can happen at this spot. I hope your family is able to make the port & have a great day!

Belize be sure to have an excusion booked. Not a lot to do at the port, some shopping, but not all that. We heard the cave tubing was good & you may could do that with the shoulder recovering. We did the Island Beach Break with our 8 year old. Beach is ok with lots of palms over the chairs. Water trampoline for the kids.

We love Cozumel. This cruise we grabbed a taxi & went to Playa Mia Beach Club. Pretty beach, snorkeling, kids water park & a water slide. Food was great here. We had a great day & daughter loved it! We've also done Chankanaab Park in the past when our daughter was 5. It's great too. Lots of nice shopping, restaurants, etc. in Cozumel. Jeep tours that have a beach trip at the end have also been our favorite activity in Cozumel. You really can't go wrong with anything there. Have a great cruise!!!!

We have been to all of these ports several times and love them.

I have several full reviews of several different places to go at all of them. They are loaded with tons of pictures. If you have any questions on any of them, let me know.

(I would definitely check out Little French Key in Roatan and Playa Mia in Cozumel)