HELP! Flight time out of Seattle

Retired 07

Would a 12:15 flight out of Seattle be cutting it too close after getting off the Amsterdam on a Sunday morning? Never having been to Seattle, I have no idea about the drive times, etc. I have another option at 1:20, but that flight is WAY more expensive. I also have no idea about transportation from the port to the airport, but I'll deal with that after I get a flight. Thanks for any help!

Would a 12:15 flight out of Seattle be cutting it too close after getting off the Amsterdam on a Sunday morning? Never having been to Seattle, I have no idea about the drive times, etc. I have another option at 1:20, but that flight is WAY more expensive. I also have no idea about transportation from the port to the airport, but I'll deal with that after I get a flight. Thanks for any help!

You should be fine with 12:15

US Customs is always a question mark. for us it was not even three minutes from the time we got into the Customs line.

Our traffic on Sunday, July 19, was a breeze. Driving time to the airport was about 30 minutes through downtown traffic. The Security checkpoint in the airport took only 15 minutes. If you are some of the first off the ship around 8:00 AM, you should be OK.

We used an AnyTime town car that picks up in the private car line vice waiting with all of the taxis.

Edited by Crew News

We were off the Amsterdam on Sunday morning at 7:40 AM and had a HAL shuttle to the airport. We were through the security at the airport and at our gate by 10:00AM......plenty of time to catch our flight. You should be just fine.

We also used HAL`s Luggage Forwarding program so our checked bags were sent directly from the ship to the airport. The next time we saw them was when our plane landed in Houston. We left the ship with our carry-ons only. With this program, the ship also gets your boarding passes for you, so all you have to do is once you arrive at the airport, go straight to the security check-in line. We flew home on Southwest, and we received boarding passes with Group A, seats 3 and 4, the first group to board the plane. The price for this service was $19.95 per person.

We thought the the price was well worth the time and trouble it saved us, plus we were in the first group off the ship. We had a continental breakfast in our cabin before we left the ship, and had time for a nice, leisurely lunch at the airport before our flight left.

HAL did a super job with this service and we plan on using it again on our future cruises.

Smooth Sailing:):)

We were off the Amsterdam on Sunday morning at 7:40 AM and had a HAL shuttle to the airport. We were through the security at the airport and at our gate by 10:00AM......plenty of time to catch our flight. You should be just fine.

We also used HAL`s Luggage Forwarding program so our checked bags were sent directly from the ship to the airport. The next time we saw them was when our plane landed in Houston. We left the ship with our carry-ons only. With this program, the ship also gets your boarding passes for you, so all you have to do is once you arrive at the airport, go straight to the security check-in line. We flew home on Southwest, and we received boarding passes with Group A, seats 3 and 4, the first group to board the plane. The price for this service was $19.95 per person.

We thought the the price was well worth the time and trouble it saved us, plus we were in the first group off the ship. We had a continental breakfast in our cabin before we left the ship, and had time for a nice, leisurely lunch at the airport before our flight left.

HAL did a super job with this service and we plan on using it again on our future cruises.

That sounds like a good deal! Did you get this service pre-cruise, or while on the ship? And was the HAL shuttle included in that, or was that extra?

That sounds like a good deal! Did you get this service pre-cruise, or while on the ship? And was the HAL shuttle included in that, or was that extra?

The Luggage Forwarding/Boarding Pass Deal was offered on board about 1week into our 2-week cruise. Paperwork was delivered to our cabin to fill out & return to the front desk. It is charged to your onboard account.

We purchased the HAL shuttle service through our TA along with our cruise package, but you may purchase the airport shuttle on board if you choose to wait. It is not included in the Luggage Forwarding service.

It really was an immense time saver - no playing "seek & find" with luggage at the terminal, no waiting in line at the airport to check luggage, and being in the first group off the ship was great.

We used luggage direct, highly recommend it. Which is different from luggage forwarding.

Luggage direct is provided to print your boarding pass and take your luggage to the airport, you don not see it again until you get to your final destination airport.

Luggage forwarding is a different program which mail or fed ex your luggage home to your house.

Luggage direct is about $19 a person.

Luggage forwarding is about $125 a bag depending on how far they send it to your home from the ship.

We walked off the ship early, breezed thru all the check points without luggage, grabbed a cab and made it to the air port in plenty of time to catch our 12:00 plane.

Only slowdown was clearing security in the air point, lines at SeaTac were very long and slow.

Enjoy your trip

Thank you all again! This is great stuff! Plus, I just found out that if you book your pre-cruise hotel through HAL, they will pick you up at the airport, and take you to your hotel, and then from the hotel to the cruise ship! Does anyone know how much the HAL shuttle is from the cruise ship to the airport?

We used luggage direct, highly recommend it. Which is different from luggage forwarding.

Luggage direct is provided to print your boarding pass and take your luggage to the airport, you don not see it again until you get to your final destination airport.

Luggage forwarding is a different program which mail or fed ex your luggage home to your house.

Luggage direct is about $19 a person.

Luggage forwarding is about $125 a bag depending on how far they send it to your home from the ship.

We walked off the ship early, breezed thru all the check points without luggage, grabbed a cab and made it to the air port in plenty of time to catch our 12:00 plane.

Only slowdown was clearing security in the air point, lines at SeaTac were very long and slow.

Enjoy your trip

Sorry. Luggage Direct is what we used. I couldn't think of the proper name and I thank you for the correction. We filled out the paperwork nearly a month ago on board and since this was the first time we had used this HAL service, I didn't realize that there was such a drastic difference in the nomenclature. I thought I had described the program correctly in my original post (#6) so that the OP would understand what I meant. I didn't mean to misinform or mislead anyone by using the wrong name.

As usual, CC is right there to correct any discrepancy.

Edited by luvs2travl
spelling

Sorry. Luggage Direct is what we used. I couldn't think of the proper name and I thank you for the correction. We filled out the paperwork nearly a month ago on board and since this was the first time we had used this HAL service, I didn't realize that there was such a drastic difference in the nomenclature. I thought I had described the program correctly in my original post (#6) so that the OP would understand what I meant. I didn't mean to misinform or mislead anyone by using the wrong name.

As usual, CC is right there to correct any discrepancy.

While there is a dramatic difference in price between luggage direct and luggage forwarding, I think I will be using Luggage forwarding for my up coming cruise.

We are booked for a Nov departure, the day after Thanksgiving.

Given that I have never tried to travel in Winter or major holiday I

can foresee big headaches ahead.

We have chosen to fly in two days early rather the fly on Thanksgiving day.

We also chose to avoid airports such as o'hare, Washington Dc and Philadelphia

And the hub of Denver. Last year even Dallas Fort Worth had huge weather related delays over the Thanksgiving holiday.

We chose to fly Fresno to Phenix with a 3 hr layover then Phenix to Fort Lauderdale.

I can foresee my luggage may be in trouble due to this is the busiest day of the year to fly, so I am going to pay Luggage Forwarding to mail or Fed Ex our bags to the cruise line. I will cost me $248 for my two bags.

The will pick them up a week before the cruise. I will not see them again until they arrive in my cabin.

My husband and I are over seventy, so we see it as a God send that we will be facing the crush at the airport with only two small carry ons.

We will use luggage forwarding pre cruise, it is worth the the money to us, we will use luggage direct on the return trip.

Enjoy you trip. Judy

Used luggage direct on Sunday, July 20 in Seattle. We were off the ship, customs cleared and in a cab a little after 8:00. No wait for taxis, just had to walk to the taxi line-up. Would have been at the airport by 9 am at the latest (we were actually going to my sister's home for breakfast) and we flew later in the day.

We always find luggage direct a sort of "act of faith" that our luggage will process and arrive as it should - and the bags arrived at our home airport, O'Hare, right on cue!

If your airline charges baggage fees these, too, will be charged to your on board account for those in the luggage direct program. The luggage direct form asks if you have "status" with your airline that would cover the airline luggage fees. I have that status, entered my info on the form and, just as it should be, we were not charged the airline baggage fee.

I am happy to say all worked as it should and it sure made it easy for us to do our visit and our day without lugging all our stuff with us.