Mystery dinner?

Has anyone done this in the past? Was it good? Worth it?

We've done it. Fun once, but too expensive for us now. Food wise, you get a very limited menu and lowest end house wine.

It's okay; it's not something I would do a second time. For us the meal was at Chops (it had been advertised as being at Giovanni's).

The storyline and acting are of the standard you'd be happy with at a basic high-school production. So long as you appreciate this then you'll likely enjoy the evening.

Has anyone done this in the past? Was it good? Worth it? v

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done it and loved it. We have done those at home with friends and relatives.

So the cheesy acting was an upgrade from what we were use to. Along with the meal that was provided. And the free flowing inexpensive wine made it worth while..

Wish it was provided on the Oasis class ships but it isn't.

We did it on Independence several years back. It was pretty good but not exceptional. It was the singers from the show doing the acting...they were fairly amateurish and could not really ad-lib

Since then we have done a Murder Mystery weekend and one on the Orient Express.

Having done professional ones would never do it again.

I did this on the Independence in 2013. It was hokey, juvenile, and amateurish. It was a blast. You have to take it for what it is. These are not trained actors. The writing for this "show" is more of a make it up as you go along kind of thing with points that diverge to make a unique experience (I hope they diverge, i've only done it once, but I can see the points where it could go in different direction). I'm pretty sure the actors are improvising a lot of their role, which is what they would need to do in this kind of atmosphere.

It wasn't an immersive as I had hoped, but then again, I've been to some more immersive events and I would consider this to be very light immersion.

Thanks everyone! I was on the edge but it seems like a no now.

At one point a couple of years ago RC announced that the Mystery Dinner was being discontinued. I suspect there was a lot of whining, so they continued it. I think the strategy now is to raise the price until no one wants to do it anymore.