Miami Cruise Port After Check-In

PGPrendy

Yes. You can come and go.

Some cruiselines check in later than others. So if staying at a hotel, tip the desk clerk to hang on to

your bags and start your city exploring early. As mentioned, you'll miss the check in lines by arriving later.

Yes. You can come and go.

Some cruiselines check in later than others. So if staying at a hotel, tip the desk clerk to hang on to

your bags and start your city exploring early. As mentioned, you'll miss the check in lines by arriving later.

I would double check with your cruise line about that. I'm not at all sure that they will want you boarding the ship, then leaving it and coming back. They are pretty much setup for one way traffic - onto the ship, not off of it - and they're busy as all get out on homeport days.

I suppose you could go as far as dropping off your luggage, doing your health form and credit card deposit, getting your key card or sea pass, and then turn around and walk out of the embarkation building, catch a cab, see what you wanted, and then come back later. But even the embarkation building is pretty much setup for one way traffic on those days.

Also remember that the embarkation processing doesn't usually start much before 11 am or noon...and if your ship sails at 4, that's not a lot of time to see anything.

Personally, I wouldn't try it...I'd do my Miami site seeing on some days before or after the cruise. After all, wouldn't you hate to be sitting in a Miami traffic jam, with your key cards in your hand, and you're watching the ship pull away from the pier (with your luggage on board)?

I would double check with your cruise line about that. I'm not at all sure that they will want you boarding the ship, then leaving it and coming back. They are pretty much setup for one way traffic - onto the ship, not off of it

Absolutely there is NO restrictions leaving the ship.

Some people drop their bags with the porters and head out before checking in. Others like to get checked in with their ship cards in hand before heading wherever.

You can see cruisers catching a cab to pick up their wine, toiletries etc. Been there, done that. Or... have lunch with friends living in the area. Did that a couple times too.;)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Happy to know that it has been done. I honestly wouldn't try it with a 4pm set sail time, but our ship sails at 7pm, which is why I'm considering it. Even with a 7pm sail away time, I'd aim to get back to the port well before 5pm.