Upgrading Beverage Package

jody75

Last I heard it was "yes" and it was $20 per person per day. A good deal if you have generally have 3 or more drinks outside of lunch or dinner (mayb 2 based on some of O's drink prices).

John

Edited by PSULion

PSULion is absolutely correct. Just did this on Riviera (told it was not possible to do before getting on ship). Did it at reception desk on boarding, before we went to lunch. They need to change your key cards to show the upgraded package, so best to do this before you might find yourself wanting to purchase drinks not included in standard package.

We will also have the standard package for an upcoming cruise and will want to upgrade upon embarkation to the prestige. When I cruised with Oceania a number of years ago I seem to recall the prestige package including spirits to a certain dollar value. Perhaps I am confusing this with another cruise line. Is this still the case? I downloaded the Bar List provided on the Oceania website and did not see any pricing. Is it that Oceania have now streamlined their drinks package to reduce any confusion. Does the prestige package include everything that is on the Bar List? Are additional reserve spirits, such as certain scotches, cognacs etc. on a separate 'purchase' list that one could sign for? Thank you.

Edited by goldengatecruisers

We will also have the standard package for an upcoming cruise and will want to upgrade upon embarkation to the prestige. When I cruised with Oceania a number of years ago I seem to recall the prestige package including spirits to a certain dollar value. Perhaps I am confusing this with another cruise line. Is this still the case? I downloaded the Bar List provided on the Oceania website and did not see any pricing. Is it that Oceania have now streamlined their drinks package to reduce any confusion. Does the prestige package include everything that is on the Bar List? Are additional reserve spirits, such as certain scotches, cognacs etc. on a separate 'purchase' list that one could sign for? Thank you.

I few High end single malts and the like........ I had no problem ordering doubles of Grey Goose or some ports that ran $15-20 a shot... Also Hendricks at $18 a shot... a double hendricks and Tonic or a double goose martini can run you about $50 for the 2 !!!! Its not like NCL and Celeberity that limit you to $7 bar sock, and no doubles.

Without overdoing it you can easily with wines by the glass save $90 to 100 a day by ordering really premimum stuff at $24 for a double maritni and a Gin Tonic at $24 and 2 glasses of wine at $18@ and a port at $24 you can easily get $108 in value a day for your 60

Remember your saving the 18% tip too!!!!! This frees you up from the happy hour horde and is a great value...

We will also have the standard package for an upcoming cruise and will want to upgrade upon embarkation to the prestige. When I cruised with Oceania a number of years ago I seem to recall the prestige package including spirits to a certain dollar value. Perhaps I am confusing this with another cruise line.

I think you are confusing it with another line

There may be some restriction on the top XO spirits just ask

& it is wine by the glass only

The Preismans blog have copies of the bar menu with prices

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16_menus.htm#main_bar

Does anyone know if BOTH parties need to upgrade the package, or can just one person in the cabin

?

Thanks, J

Both persons DO NOT have to get the package at all.....however good manners would preclude sharing...

Does anyone know if both parties need to upgrade?

In a similar vein, if the cabin has the O choice option, does EACh passenger have to select the same O choice option (i.e. Drink package versus OBC versus excursions)?

EDIT: I saw the answer in another thread. Do both passengers must select the same O choice option, but apparently ONE passenger can upgrade. Thanks.

Thanks, J

Edited by PSULion