NCL vs. RCL air program

Markanddonna

I have traveled from Europe using the choice air, now called air2seas with RCL and it was very good. Clockwork, we could choose our seats far out, very nice with KLM.

NCL has an airfare program but it does not appear to be easy to use. Does anyone have experience with it? I would like to take the Getaway to Europe but higher airfare may be the deal breaker.

We also has a great experience with RCCL Choice Air last fall - saved hundreds of dollars on each ticket to Europe, and were able to choose our flights and our seats!

Our next cruise is with NCL and we wondered about their air program as well. But we've been encouraged - by our PCC as well as two separate NCL phone reps - NOT to use the NCL air program due to higher pricing than what we could get on our own. Since our cruise isn't until fall 2017, I haven't been able to comparison price, but we're planning to just get the air on our own.

(We don't have first hand experience with NCL air, so this response may not be helpful, but wanted to share what we've been told)

• 3 months later...

I've found the main advantage in using cruiseline air agents is in getting reasonable fares for one-ways, eg when doing Transtlantics you need a one-way to or from Europe.

This was true for RCL but I've no experience with NCL's offerings so will be calling them.

I recently booked one way air through NCL . Their fare was less than we were able to find on our own. This was with a deviation fee as well because we are staying in BCN post cruise. We requested no more than one stop. NCL booked on BA and we were able to choose aisle seats. This was through their Premium Air.

I recently booked one way air through NCL . Their fare was less than we were able to find on our own. This was with a deviation fee as well because we are staying in BCN post cruise. We requested no more than one stop. NCL booked on BA and we were able to choose aisle seats. This was through their Premium Air.

We are also arriving and leaving from Barcelona with a stay before the cruise in the NCL hotel. How did the deviation fee work out for you and could you get business class?

We did not ask about business class. We are staying 5 days post cruise in BCN . The initial deviation fee was $50 pp because were requesting a flight a few days after disembarking .Because we were very specific as to stops etc. we went through their Premium Air so an additional $50pp was charged. Even so this was less than what we could find independently . The airfare charge was rolled into the overall booking so you have until final payment to pay for it or if you find a better fare ,remove it from your reservation . I went through my PCC who contacted Premium Air or you can contact Premium Air directly .That might be you want to do if interested in business class. Hope that helps.

We did not ask about business class. We are staying 5 days post cruise in BCN . The initial deviation fee was $50 pp because were requesting a flight a few days after disembarking .Because we were very specific as to stops etc. we went through their Premium Air so an additional $50pp was charged. Even so this was less than what we could find independently . The airfare charge was rolled into the overall booking so you have until final payment to pay for it or if you find a better fare ,remove it from your reservation . I went through my PCC who contacted Premium Air or you can contact Premium Air directly .That might be you want to do if interested in business class. Hope that helps.

Yes this helps alot. We might have to fly to a NCL Gateway city but it is worth a try to check the prices. We have a way to go.