Classic bev pkg??

jebl

Sailing in 1 1/2 wks on Connie. In a C3 so Classic Bev Pkg is included. I normally just drink scotch and water so that is no problem being covered. Occasionally I do like a margarita, pina colada or mudslide. Will those drinks be covered if they are made with house liquor? How about a chocolate martini if made with house vodka?

I really don't want to have to upgrade the pkg. Can you pay the difference if the drink is over $8?

Thanks for your help.

Sailing in 1 1/2 wks on Connie. In a C3 so Classic Bev Pkg is included. I normally just drink scotch and water so that is no problem being covered. Occasionally I do like a margarita, pina colada or mudslide. Will those drinks be covered if they are made with house liquor? How about a chocolate martini if made with house vodka?

I really don't want to have to upgrade the pkg. Can you pay the difference if the drink is over $8?

Thanks for your help.

My wife is a scotch drinker and has been happy with the scotch available with the Classic, and margaritas and pinas are covered, not sure about a mud slide or chocolate martini.

If the drink is above the Classic limit, you pay for the whole thing, but just ask the server if it's covered or not

Decide to upgrade once aboard if you feel it's worth it for you. We never have..., my 2 cents.

Edited by A Sixth?

Thanks for your help.

You can find the answers to any questions you may have about beverage packages by doing a simple search.

Here is one of the most helpful posts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2167294&highlight=beverage

If the drink you want is above the allowed price, you have to pay for the entire drink with the classic package. If you upgrade to premium, and your drink is above the allowed price, you only have to pay the difference.

As to the other drinks, it depends. Martinis with classic package liquor brands are included - as long as they are not from the Martini bar.

Check that other thread for lots of answers.

Just to elaborate on the answer from A Sixth?...

The chocolate martini probably won't be covered even if it's in a smaller glass. There are usually only very limited martinis that are covered by the Classic Package, and that is not one I have heard before. It never hurts to ask, though.

You cannot go over your price point ($8.00) and pay the difference. If you want a drink above that price point, you will pay the full cost of the drink.

...And I see that DinaS just linked to the post that I was about to link to as well, so I would recommend checking that out if you have any other questions. I wrote that PDF and I maintain it regularly. If you have questions that aren't answered in that post, please post them there. I'll not only answer them for you if I can, but also I will add them to future updates of the PDF. :)

Last Nov my wife had a few mudslides using the classic pack.

I also stayed with the classic and had smoke and ginger, and rusty nails.

You should be able to find enough variety staying with the classic. Some of the liquors and beers that are in the classic and premium doesn't make sense as they seem as if they should be reversed.

drink up 🍸🍺🍷🍹🍻

If I book Aqua Class on current 123 promotion and get included basic beverage package, can I upgrade to the premium beverage package? If I'm going to shell out the price for Aqua Class then I don't want to be limited to what I can and can't drink in my beverage package.

Also want to try Blu, so excited about Aqua Class!

And your not limited to "house" brands on the classic package. I was able get several "call" brands of vodka on the classic package. I'm sure there are probably some good scotch also. If there is such a thing. :rolleyes:

If I book Aqua Class on current 123 promotion and get included basic beverage package, can I upgrade to the premium beverage package? If I'm going to shell out the price for Aqua Class then I don't want to be limited to what I can and can't drink in my beverage package.

Yes. You can do it before you cruise, or when on board, any bar can handle it for you. If you have OBC you want to use, you can wait until you are on board.

Yes, you can upgrade either before or once on board.:D