Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

Wow what a day on Quantum. Boarding was piece of cake. We were in our room before 1PM and our luggage was waiting for us outside our door. Two70 is awesome. Music Hall was so much fun with the Beatle Maniacs. Ship is amazing. Many are interested in Internet prices, here is the pricing for our 11 day cruise.

15740705910_4cebecee4f_b.jpg

Internet Prices

Thanks for sharing the internet information as many people have been asking about that. It really seems to be expensive,

I don't think the prices are out of line. It is for an 11 night cruise and unless one plans on doing a lot of file downloading or streaming videos the Premium Plus service is not really necessary. The Premium service should be much faster than anything they had before on other ships. The small price difference between Basic and Premium makes me wonder if anyone would even opt for Basic.

The only thing I don't like is that they seem to have gotten away from charging per minute. The last cruise I was on I had to select a package and did not have the option of just logging in and being charged per minute used as would be ideal for someone just wanting to occasionally connect for a few minutes here and there. I wonder if this has been the experience for others.

To the OP, have a great cruise and take good care of the ship, I board her on the 12th.

The only thing I don't like is that they seem to have gotten away from charging per minute. The last cruise I was on I had to select a package and did not have the option of just logging in and being charged per minute used as would be ideal for someone just wanting to occasionally connect for a few minutes here and there. I wonder if this has been the experience for others.

Besides the lack of per minute pricing, the 60 min plan must be used within a day. The per min plan worked for many but as with everything else on the ship "This changes everything".:rolleyes:

We have only used internet on Celebrity ships where you pay for minute usage. I guess with these rates I will not be using internet on board. On 14 day cruises I use maybe an hour total. It is more to touch base with family while away, a few minutes here a few minutes there. I could not begin to justify cost for unlimited length of cruise for my internet needs. I am really disappointed with this part of our upcoming cruise.

Thanks for the heads up and the great food pics.

TY. Is the same for 7 or more nights?

Yes it is the same benefit for 7 nights and longer. For the 3 Night sampler on Quantum, we received the same internet benefit of 60 mins.

Besides the lack of per minute pricing, the 60 min plan must be used within a day. The per min plan worked for many but as with everything else on the ship "This changes everything".:rolleyes:

Neither one of us used the internet on the 3 Night sampler, was not aware the 60 min plan must be used within a day.

Any discounts on the internet packages, eg. Diamond members.

Yes there are discounts, we got 10% I imagine Diamond would get larger discounts.

Best internet speeds I've seen at sea, no problems make skype calls daily.

Thanks for the pics. Will you be sharing pics from the other complimentary restaurants? Thanks in advance.

Since you asked nicely yes I will, but tonight Chops will have to do. Tomorrow we are going to Chic...

Another awesome day, we love this ship...no tech issues for us that everyone else seems to have...

FYI, I saw a camera crew with "Mighty Ships" logo wear on and I asked if they were filming for a new documentary of Quantum they said yes. I've seen other camera crews filming for commercials as well.

Dinner tonight at Chops

15748190118_394bda80f9_c.jpg

Pre dinner pretzel bread

15748188918_79da36588e_c.jpg

Crispy Goat Cheese Salad

15909820476_1481df033e_c.jpg

Three Cheese Roasted Onion Soup

15749869997_191a035e38_c.jpg

Pan-Roasted Jumbo Scallops

15935613635_2bc60fd62b_c.jpg

Grilled Black Pepper Bacon

Diamond & D+ members receive 1 hour of internet usage or $29.95 off any internet package.

Does each Diamond member get 1 hour free usage, even if in the same cabin? If so, I can use one hour on my iPhone and one hour on my iPad. Might be all I need for my 9 day cruise in February.

Thanks for your help.