What in the world are they doing to the Voyager Class!!!

eots44

It's better than what Carnival did to the Fantasy Class ships when they decided to weld ugly balconies on the sides of ships that were totally flat before. They look terrible. Now they're slapping new rooms and balconies above the bridges and spas of the Destiny and Conquest Class ships. At least Royal makes an attempt to blend additions into the architecture of the ship.

We were on Navigator in February 2004. It was our first cruise. I can tell you this, I remember very little of the details of the ship. It would be helpful if you labeled which picture of the Royal Promenade was pre-refit and which was post refit from this Voyager comparison.

Why does the Panoramic Staterooms ruin the graceful look of the ship?

We are planning to go on Navigator again in Nov 2015, when she is back to sailing from S. Florida. I know that she has gone through a major refit. It will be like taking our first cruise all over again, except in a new ship. Yet, since we can't remember much of our first cruise, other than we loved it....it will be a brand new experience -- complete with flowrider and Izumi.

My bad sorry, but the first picture is the way it looked before the refit, and the second one is after the refit. I think the way it used to look is much better, it looks so unique and different, but the new refit version just looks boring compared to the way it used to look, like many of the others said, it looks like your ordinary shopping mall, instead of something you marvel at. I like the saying, "if it's not broken, don't fix it." and there was nothing wrong with the Royal Promenade. As for ruining the graceful look, I feel that before this Panoramic Stateroom nonsense, Voyage and Freedom Class ships had such a beautiful presence, perfect proportions, clean flowing lines, etc. but with these new staterooms look as if they've just been last second slapped on top, and it just doesn't look the same to me anymore, just look at these two pictures, Voyager before refit, and next to it is after refit.

Voyager_of_the_Seas_1_2.jpg.38e112e65a79724298fb83473a35b6d3.jpg

2066694205_Voyager2.jpg.ee32ca53a41daf0472eb282dfd06bc95.jpg

• 11 months later...
Alright, I just saw pictures of the Voyager after her recent refit, and am I the only one who thinks those Panoramic Staterooms ruins the graceful look these ships had??? I mean when I saw what it looks like, was like what???????? I just really don't like the way it makes it look now. I also saw what they did to the Royal Promenade, and I'm sorry, but they took it from beautiful, amazing, and spectacular looking, to dull and boring looking. I will say the staterooms look very nice though, but overall I'm quite dissatisfied with what they've done.:(:(

The most important question is did they keep the sea view bathroom. Have not been in gentlemens but heard they had urnials next to a window facing the ocean. Said it was very nice view.

I do agree they lost some character from old promenade. Liked the feel kind of like walking down English street with pups shopping just needed a fish and chips to make it perfect.

am i the only one who had to click back and forth between the before and after pics to spot the differences?

I recently got off the Explorer and I love her the way she is. First time on a voyager class ship so i can't make any comparisons.