FLL - Embassy Suites vs. Hyatt Place

LisaLisa87

DH, DD, and I will be sailing out of Port Everglades next April and are considering several hotels for the night before embarkation. The Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port is apparently already booked for the night we need. We have it narrowed down to Embassy Suites 17th St (total cost $373) vs. Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center (total cost $310). My question for anyone familiar with both: Is Embassy Suites worth $63 more than Hyatt Place? Does the location, noise level, breakfast, etc. justify the cost difference? $63 isn't a big deal in the overall budget, but we would like to save money where we can.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Edited by LisaLisa87

I've stayed at both and both are excellent hotels.

The Embassy Suites is massive, but the breakfast is much better there. Plus a manager's cocktail party with free drinks.

The Hyatt is kind of next door, smaller and cozier.

For the price difference, I would choose the Embassy Suites for the better breakfast and the free drinks.

Hyatt Place is $219 plus tax in March booked through ValueTrips.com. I have stayed there several times booked through Value Trips. They have an airport shuttle and free breakfast. The pool is small but OK. Take a taxi to the port for around $15.

If you are going to have a couple of drinks and eat breakfast, yes, I would go with the Embassy.

Also remember that Duffys right around the corner has happy hour all day and personally, I'd rather book the Hyatt and go to Duffys.

Hyatt Place is $219 plus tax in March booked through ValueTrips.com. I have stayed there several times booked through Value Trips. They have an airport shuttle and free breakfast. The pool is small but OK. Take a taxi to the port for around $15.

And Embassy Suites is $309.00 booked through Hilton Honors...I'm opting for Hyatt Place ($219.00)...have to book 4 rooms so even though I prefer ES...saving a bit of $$'s makes the difference this trip..may not to the OP for one room ;).

Thank you for your replies! I'm thinking I'll check Value Trips to see if I can get a lower rate for Hyatt Place, and if not I'll go with Embassy Suites and enjoy the free drinks and better breakfast.!