Nicest hotel for Port Canaveral departure?

Laurba99

We land at 12:30pm so trying to figure out where to stay as we will have several hours Friday since we

Depart on 7 night Disney cruise the next day.

Would you stay at the closest beach or is there a nice hotel with pool and onsite restaurants (or good ones within easy walking distance?)

We once stayed at the Radisson and hated it. Want something simple where there are elevators in the lobby vs a big property that you have to walk outside and find your building where room is.

We now prefer to stay in Orlando - lots of lovely hotels and dining options to choose from; what's your budget? :confused: when do you cruise?

the morning of the cruise we drive to PC, drop off the rental car and ride the free shuttle to the port. Easy! :)

Several hotels come to mind but the highrise La Quinta Cocoa Beachfront has it all - oceanfront rooms, nice pool, next to the pier with bars and restaurants and a few blocks from a wine store, groceries and more restaurants.

Homewood Suites and Country Inn & Suites are not near the beach but both are nice within an easy walk to several fine restaurants, a fabulous brewery and unique Preacher Bar.

Further south you have the Doubletree, Courtyard, Hilton and Hampton Inn that are nice highrise hotels close to the beach but fewer choices for restaurants/bars.

Thank you! The courtyard and Hampton are rated on the high side on tripadvisor. Saw la Quinta but looks more

Motelish with doors opening outside. Thanks for your input. Sounds like Hampton or courtyard will be good.

Wondering how much Kennedy space center is and if that's worth the drive over if we prefer not to go to the beach

I always stay at Country Inn & Suites which is the closest hotel to the port. The elevators are in the lobby. I believe it is 4 stories high but I always ask for a first floor room. They have a free breakfast which is included and free wi-fi.

They have shuttle service to and from the port.

There is also a new Homewood Suites across the street which just opened but I haven't stayed there yet.

We are staying at the Country Inn like the poster above stated. The "nicer" hotels will be closer to orlando. One of my favorites to stay at in Orlando is the former Peapody Hotel which is now the Hyatt Regency Orlando. On the off chance you want to stay in Downtown, I would suggest the Grand Bohemian. Both hotels have really great food and entertainment (piano bar, live entertainment) and are within walking distance to clubs, restaurants, venues. I wouldn't stay in Cocoa for the beach, it's just not that impressive in my opinion.

We just stayed at the new Homewood Suites for our trip last week. You can't get any closer to the port than this property. It's not a huge property. Rooms are within the building, so no walking long distances to your rooms. You can drive over to the port and there are several places to eat there and watch any ships that might be in port (might not be though on a Friday). We would definitely consider it for our next trip.