Trip Report - Pride of Aloha 11/28

teamfour

Just got back from our cruise today. I have started a webpage with day-by-day details of our cruise. I also included a spreadsheet of our daily expenses. So far a general overview of the cruise, plus days 1 and 2 have been posted. Hope this is worthwhile to future POA cruisers. I hope to complete the report tomorrow. Any comments and questions are welcome. BTW, there are no photos yet, see day 6 for the reason.:(

The website can be found here:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/e/teamfour/webpage/tilton.htm

What deck was your cabin on? Were you forward or aft? How was the rocking of the ship? I saw a note recently that there was a lot of movement in the ship. Loved your review, am looking forward to the rest.

lonig, our cabin was on deck 9, almost exactly in the middle of the ship. The winds the whole week were around 40 knots making for a somewhat bumpy ride at night. It did not bother us, but there were reports of people getting sick. Once you were asleep, it was OK.

My wife and I were on the same cruise (cabin 9231). We had a great time! After reading the initial reviews, we also had reservations about going on this cruise. After gone on just about every major cruise line over the years my wife and I noticed pluses and minuses on each. Freestyle verses assigned seating, big ships verses smaller ships, sea days verses no sea days and formal verses casual, it is 6 of one and half dozen of the other.

My wife and I were on the same cruise (cabin 9231). We had a great time! After reading the initial reviews, we also had reservations about going on this cruise. After gone on just about every major cruise line over the years my wife and I noticed pluses and minuses on each. Freestyle verses assigned seating, big ships verses smaller ships, sea days verses no sea days and formal verses casual, it is 6 of one and half dozen of the other.

We found the crew to be friendly and helpful, the entertainment superb(especially the piano player in Captain Cook's Bar), the choice of side trips available excellent and well organized and the food to be standard cruise line fare. The Chocolate Lovers Tour on Kona was one of the best tours in all our travels.

We look forward to the rest of your report. Too bad we did not meet on the cruise......or maybe we did!

Thank you for your review. We stayed at Kona last fall and your description of it and also the stop at Hilo with the drive on chain of craters road brought back many happy memories. We will be sailing on the POA in June of next year and are really looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. That's so sad about your camera, hope it still might turn up. We were considering a helicopter flight from Hilo to see the volcano/lava. Were you happy with your driving trip? We would really like to see the lava and there isn't time to get there by car (and hiking) when cruising.

BTW, there are no photos yet, see day 6 for the reason.:(

Oh, I am so sorry you lost your camera! That happened to us on our Southern Caribbean Cruise out of San Juan! Luckily, it was a 35mm so I had already taken several rolls, only lost about 20 pictures, but then no camera for the remainder of the trip. I think my camera was stolen right under my nose while I was shopping! Will be much more careful in in the future.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this ship as my brother and his wife are going on it in June. They will also join us for an Alaskan cruise in July 2006 and I was afraid if they had bad luck on the Hawaiian cruise, they would change their mind on Alaska.

Archived