St. Lucia On Christmas Day

Fleur25

First cruise to the Caribbean and only my second cruise ever. I'm traveling solo so I'm open to your suggestions as I don't have negotiate with anyone else! :) We are in port on Christmas Day. What can I expect? Will everything be closed for the holiday? Your suggestions are much appreciated.

First cruise to the Caribbean and only my second cruise ever. I'm traveling solo so I'm open to your suggestions as I don't have negotiate with anyone else! :) We are in port on Christmas Day. What can I expect? Will everything be closed for the holiday? Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Take a ship's tour. Everything will be closed up except for things associated specially with a hotel or organized tours...

A ship's tour that takes you down to Soufriere and the iconic Pitons is best, preferably one that goes down by land and return by sea...You'll see all the major sights, have a lovely cruise back to port with some swimming time, lunch, etc.

Enjoy!

Take a ship's tour. Everything will be closed up except for things associated specially with a hotel or organized tours...

A ship's tour that takes you down to Soufriere and the iconic Pitons is best, preferably one that goes down by land and return by sea...You'll see all the major sights, have a lovely cruise back to port with some swimming time, lunch, etc.

Enjoy!

Thank you reedprincess. Just to clarify--do you mean set up a tour with a local company that tours around the island? That sounds fun. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you reedprincess. Just to clarify--do you mean set up a tour with a local company that tours around the island? That sounds fun. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I mean a set tour, and this is one instance where I'd go with the ship's tours specifically as their refund policies if it doesn't happen due to Christmas is easy, and if it's delayed for any reason (house to house traffic, accidents, whatever), you have Princess tour protection...

Given how much is closed or not operating Christmas day, it's one of the fee tines I recommend a ship's tour in island.

And for what it's worth, it will be the same in whatever port you're in on Dec 26 also...Dec 26 is a holiday also, with most everything closed also. So plan accordingly.

• 1 month later...