Kids Carryon bag

Jennilee17

This is a silly but does anyone have recommendations for a good carryon bag for young kids (3 and 5)? Every time we travel my girls want to take a bag on the plane to carry their dolls and things. We normally bring them each a very small backpack. The problem is every time we get to the airport they instantly want to take their backpacks off. Anyone have a small carryon bag with wheels that is easy to access the inside while seated on the plane? Like a duffle with wheels or something? I was thinking maybe a trunki? But they have mixed reviews.

I know this is a dumb question but it drives me crazy every time we travel.

I purchased Disney licensed luggage directly from the store (online) for my twins when they were that young. About $30 each and holds a good amount. My son had the Cars themed and daughter had tinker bell. They are 8 now and still used them for short term but I bought them mainly for a cruise. They loved wheeling around their comfort toys and such. Great buys IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a trunki for dd, I absolutely love it.

Enough space to pack her favorites and easy enough to take along, you can either sit your Kids on the trunki and pull them behind you, or you can attach a shoulder strap and carry the trunki yourself if they no longer want to.

There is also a bag available that fits perfectly in one side of the trunki,

we are going to get that or our next Long distance flight to have her most important things at Hand.

I purchased ours from Walmart. Word of advice, pick the ones with a rectabgle handle and not a T handle. Our 3 and 5 year old had no issues pulling them last time. Our rule was if you bring toys you carry them. They each had a back pack and carry on. We made them carry their own jackets and a change of clothes too lol..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shopkins-Luggage-Set-Pink/54304410

Sent from my BlackBerry Dtek50

Our kids have an older version of these (with different characters): https://www.amazon.com/Travelpro-Jurassic-World-Kids-Luggage/dp/B00VGACL00/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1483559302&sr=8-9&keywords=kid+suitcase+hardside

They are rock solid (no pun intended). They protect whatever is in there (which frequently includes electronics these days) when in overhead bins or under the seat. They also prevent the kids from stuff a bunch of crap in there (which isn't a problem for us yet.)

Though these are hard sided, it is still relatively easy to crack open slightly and get at what is inside without fully opening it. For instance, it can be done on the floor between rows in coach.

The only downside to these bags is the odd shape, making it tough to stack. If you only have one of these, or don't have a tight cargo area, or let the kids have the bags in the passenger area of the car... that should be a non-issue.

My kids are 7 now, but have been using them since they were ~4 with no issue. In addition to them carrying their toys and such, I now have the kids carry the spare batteries and chargers in their bags. ;)

I don't like trunkis. Why not try a wheeled backpack?

Our rule of travel was, "if you want it, you're responsible for it". They all started with small backpacks that they had to carry, until they could handle a rollerboard.

We have a smallish wheeled backpack from Land's End - but I don't think they make them any more. Smaller is better as they have to be more careful about how they fill it and it is not as heavy.

My daughter is now 11 and prefers to take a regular backpack.

I also like to take a couple of cinch backpacks when we travel - handy for day trips, but also lets you keep some stuff close to you on the flight and not deal with it all.

We also have a wheeled underseat bag (ours is from Costco, but there are lots out there) which is useful.

My son has been traveling with us since he was LITTLE, as he grew older he wanted to carry his own stuff, on a splurge we got him this at Target. He traveled with it for over 4 years and it held up really well, the only reason he doesn't take it now is because he's too old for a kids case. It was perfect for a few stuffies, a blanket, books and a few toys.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Pixar-Cars-2-Rolling-Lightning-McQueen-Luggage-Suitcase/113530337?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1706&adid=22222222227048875158&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=146920936259&wl4=pla-450399019112&wl5=1012873&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112562743&wl11=online&wl12=113530337&wl13=&veh=sem