Cruise Travel Insurance

beshears

Since CC is so helpful with some of my questions, I thought I would ask this one.

Up to this point, I have been using Travel Guard Insurance to fly and cruise to my destination. I am thinking of changing to another insurer.

If you have heard/used Leasure Care Travel Protection Insurance before, if you needed it, did it work for you?

Since CC is so helpful with some of my questions, I thought I would ask this one.

Up to this point, I have been using Travel Guard Insurance to fly and cruise to my destination. I am thinking of changing to another insurer.

If you have heard/used Leasure Care Travel Protection Insurance before, if you needed it, did it work for you?

It depends on what kind of traveling I will be doing, I have used Travel Guard in the past for land vacations, but I always book my cruise insurance with the cruise line I am going out on, I feel that they will treat me the best if needed.

I always use cruise insurance provided by the line I am cruising with. The biggest problems are in the fact the insurance you purchase is secondary to your prime insurance. I am still waiting for our primary insurance to accept or deny bills for medical incurred during a cruise in May. All I can add is that it is a pain. From all that I have heard is the cruise insurance is easier to deal with.

I always use cruise insurance provided by the line I am cruising with. The biggest problems are in the fact the insurance you purchase is secondary to your prime insurance. I am still waiting for our primary insurance to accept or deny bills for medical incurred during a cruise in May. All I can add is that it is a pain. From all that I have heard is the cruise insurance is easier to deal with.

...which is why buying cruise line insurance is a bad idea. Whether directly or via a broker, check out Travelex, one of the very few "primary payer" travel insurers.

We use the combo of Travelex "Select," trip insurance perks from our United Explorer VISA and our regular health insurance (including supplement that replaces my Medicare while out of the US), to cover every eventuality.

At the least, contact InsureMyTrip and ask about Travelex compared to all else they offer. You'll see what I mean.

I need insurance for work related cancellation. We use Square mouth brokers to find insurance. Good selection with excellent explanations of insurance terms. There is a board for travel insurance questions on Cruise Critic. I found out through that board that cruises paid with gift cards would not be covered for reimbursement.

• 2 weeks later...

I did find a sight, can't remember the name as I left it at work on my desk, but it listed the top 10 insurance names, and some of you mentioned a couple of them. I am still doing a lot of thinking on this. I was using Travel Guard, and then my TA mentioned the one they use, which I have never heard of. On this list, neither Travel Guard or the one my TA mentioned was on this list.

If you use, or have ever used a TA to book a cruise, did you use their insurance they offered, or went ahead a booked insurance some other way, other than the cruise ship?