driving to port everglades from wisconsin

No cheese head comments please. :o Hi! I am sure this may have come up in the past. but, is it easy to find the port from the Florida turnpike? Do they have a shuttle from the parking lot to the docks? How soon can you check in at the parking lot and do you have to have any special paperwork and does it cost to park there? Any information would be welcomed. This boards have been so helpful in the past. Thank you.

Good directions from interstate - go to Yahoo maps and put in the terminal address and it will take you right to it. I think parking is $15 a day (may be higher now). When we went out of there the parking lot is right at the cruise ships so no shuttle was needed. We just dropped off our luggage and then parked the car. Not sure how soon you can get in the parking lot but you want to wait till some of the people have gotten off the ship so some parking spaces will be cleared out.

No cheese head comments please. :o Hi! I am sure this may have come up in the past. but, is it easy to find the port from the Florida turnpike? Do they have a shuttle from the parking lot to the docks? How soon can you check in at the parking lot and do you have to have any special paperwork and does it cost to park there? Any information would be welcomed. This boards have been so helpful in the past. Thank you.

Not too hard to locate.... I would plan your travel via http://www.mapquest.com.

You should be able to enter the parking area as early as 9am but not positive and you may want to visit http://www.porteverglades.org/ for more answers to your questions including parking fees, directions, etc....

You will be asked to show your cruise documents before entering the secured areas.

Havea GREAT CRUISE and have a safe trip !!! :D

This should help

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals_Parking__Directions_PORT_EVERGLADES__Ft_Lauderdale.aspx

How Do I Get to Port Everglades? spacer.gifADDRESS: Port Everglades

Eller Drive

Hollywood, FL 33301

Travel Time:

• 2 miles from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport; travel time is approximately 5 minutes.
  • 30 miles from Miami International Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.

DIRECTIONS TO THE PORT:

I-595 is an East/West Interstate with connections to I-95, the Florida Turnpike, U.S. 1, State Road 7 (441), I-75 and the Sawgrass Expressway.

• Take I-595 East straight into Port Everglades.
  • Once in Port Everglades, I-595 becomes Eller Drive.
  • You will approach a sign with instructions that will direct you to the ship's assigned terminal.
  • At traffic light, proceed straight and the entrance to the Midport Parking Garage will be located on the left side of the street.

PARKING: $15 per day (rates subject to change by the Port Authority)

• Midport Parking Garage: 6-floors, 2000 spaces.
  • Security-patrolled and illuminated.
  • Full payment due upon exiting the parking garage.
  • Accepted forms of payment: U.S. Dollars; Visa; Master Card; American Express.
  • No advance reservations required.
  • Oversized vehicles up to 40 feet in length will pay $19 per day.
  • Handicap Parking available with proof of valid permit.

For more information: USA Parking, 1-954-462-7287.

What to expect for security at Port Everglades

• To gain access into Port Everglades, guests must present a cruise ticket or similar letterhead or document stating "Pier Pickup" along with a government issued photo I.D. The guest must also be able to state the name of the cruise line and the name of the cruise ship they are expected to board.

• Private drop-off who have ticketed cruise guests in the car will be allowed in with a government issued photo I.D. and the guest presenting their cruise ticket; the guest must be able to state the name of the cruise line and the name of the cruise ship they are expected to board. Upon returning to pick-upthe guest at debarkation, the driver must present a government issued photo I.D. and must be able to state the guest's name, the cruise line and the cruise ship name.

For more information:

www.broward.org

Have driven to Miami port a coupla times...from New Jersey.

Easy to find from the Florida Pike. Just follow signs to "Downtown". Once you are off the Pike, follow the signs to Dodge Island/Port of Miami. Usually lots of traffic but easy enough to find.

Best thing when you arrive is to follow the posted signs to the ship you are sailing on....drive up and offload your luggage first (keep your carry-ons), tip the longshoreman a coupla bucks. Then procede to the parking garage..you can't miss it.

You might check on a website about the price. Seems to me it's up to about 20.00 a day and you pay upon entering the garage...cash.

I have always taken a printout from AAA or Mapquest along with me just for backup......but have never had a problem.

Some hotels in Miami offer "Cruise and park" packages. You stay at the hotel the night before and they let you park your car there. Some are free, some charge for the parking...but less than the Port garage. Then you take a hotel shuttle to the Port...also might be a small charge.

Look around on the internet for the hotels offering this option. I have paid to park at the Port simply for the convenience - especially at the end of the cruise.

Port Everglades....its right on the coast, I95 is north south a little closer to the coast (than the turnpike). If you get on I95, there is a exit to the port, very easy if you are going south on I95. The turnpike is further out west, so you have to drive east anyway, so might as well get off somewhere along the ride south and save the tolls, or just drive that way before you see the port and hope on I95 in Ft. Lauderdale.

If you get on Federal Hwy, you should also have no problem finding it driving south.

Because of heavy traffic and road construction, we always get off I95 in Ft Pierce and continue south on the Turnpike. It is much faster (and safer) in our minds....we have gotten stuck in traffic in West Palm on Sunday morning before! Tolls are not that much for the few miles that you drive the turnpike. From the turnpike, just take the I595 exit and head east "until your hat floats"....very very easy. As others have said, drop your luggage and then drive around and park your car...it is that easy. Make sure you have your identification out as you'll have to show it to enter the port. Last time we were there (last December) parking was still $15/day. Have a great cruise!

Because of heavy traffic and road construction, we always get off I95 in Ft Pierce and continue south on the Turnpike. It is much faster (and safer) in our minds....we have gotten stuck in traffic in West Palm on Sunday morning before! Tolls are not that much for the few miles that you drive the turnpike. From the turnpike, just take the I595 exit and head east "until your hat floats"....very very easy. As others have said, drop your luggage and then drive around and park your car...it is that easy. Make sure you have your identification out as you'll have to show it to enter the port. Last time we were there (last December) parking was still $15/day. Have a great cruise!

Its not just the tolls, you would have to drive west to get on the turnpike and then drive miles back east, just depends on the time of day if its worth it. I lived there for over 13 years, so went thru probably as many times as any of you, and I wouldnt bother unless I knew there was work going on on I95, it isnt necessarily faster, I know by experience, many experiences. I used to take I595 to work every day, great loop if you are still on the turnpike.

Anytime you are adding what may be up to 15 miles if you drive both ways back and forth to the turnpike, its isnt always faster and the turnpike can also have accidents back it up.

Another idea for getting to Ft Lauderdale is all the way down I 75 and cross alligator alley. We live in middle GA and always went down the east coast of FL until this past Jan when we decided to try a different route. There is less traffic and fewer towns to worry about along this route. We spent the night in Ft Myers, FL and drove two hours on cruise day accross the alley. Arrived at the port around 11 and it worked out perfect.

Have driven to Miami port a coupla times...from New Jersey.

Easy to find from the Florida Pike. Just follow signs to "Downtown". Once you are off the Pike' date=' follow the signs to Dodge Island/Port of Miami. Usually lots of traffic but easy enough to find.

Best thing when you arrive is to follow the posted signs to the ship you are sailing on....drive up and offload your luggage first (keep your carry-ons), tip the longshoreman a coupla bucks. Then procede to the parking garage..you can't miss it.

You might check on a website about the price. Seems to me it's up to about 20.00 a day and you pay upon entering the garage...cash.

I have always taken a printout from AAA or Mapquest along with me just for backup......but have never had a problem.

Some hotels in Miami offer "Cruise and park" packages. You stay at the hotel the night before and they let you park your car there. Some are free, some charge for the parking...but less than the Port garage. Then you take a hotel shuttle to the Port...also might be a small charge.

Look around on the internet for the hotels offering this option. I have paid to park at the Port simply for the convenience - especially at the end of the cruise.[/quote']

Out of curiosity what does this have to do with getting to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale?

I thought it was helpful info... perhaps gave the OP a way to save costs in parking and arrive a day early to rest up from the drive (although they did post staying in Miami instead of Lauderdale, but hey, that could be an option too !).....They gave assistance for directions, info on the costs to park, just like others have done !

So many, so quick, to criticize when this poster was just offering suggestions !

We are driving down from Memphis, Tennessee in November.

I thought WE were going to have a haul. You got us beat!!!

From the mapquest sight and other port sights and directions...I think it will be fairly easy to find from I-95. Fort Lauderdale looks laid out pretty well.

Have a safe trip and a wonderful cruise.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help. We sail on the miracle in october and are looking forward to a wonderful drive down and back. I have never seen the southern states and I am looking forward to the sights. Can anyone recommend any stops a long the way? We will have about 2 days before and after the cruise for sight seeing. We are quite the history buffs. Does any one know if you can bring soda on board in a cooler that holds about a 12-24 can and it is soft sided.:)

Thanks to everyone for all of your help. We sail on the miracle in october and are looking forward to a wonderful drive down and back. I have never seen the southern states and I am looking forward to the sights. Can anyone recommend any stops a long the way? We will have about 2 days before and after the cruise for sight seeing. We are quite the history buffs. Does any one know if you can bring soda on board in a cooler that holds about a 12-24 can and it is soft sided.:)

Chattanooga, Tennessee is a great area for historical sites. Not sure if you will be going that way but it is right off of interstate 75.

Archived