Disneyland Hong Kong

myleanne

Hi,

I have searched the message boards, but the info seems to be really dated.

I would like to go to Disneyland when in Hong Kong port, we are in port 7am-6pm.

Is it feasible to get there?

The cheapest transportation?

The fastest transportation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I would like to go to Disneyland when in Hong Kong port, we are in port 7am-6pm.

Thanks in advance!

from what I've researched, there is a great metro system.

I never would have thought of going to Disneyland, have fun!

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi take a look at this website http://www.hongkongextras.com/_hong_kong_disneyland.html . By the time you clear customs and everything and then get off the ship you will not have much time left to get value for your money. Unless your ship is overnighting then you don't have to rush back to the ship. My thoughts only.

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

It is quite feasible to visit Disneyland and spending about 5 to 6 hours there. It is not that big and 5 hours should be sufficient. This is again all dependant on :

a) What day of the week you arrive. If during the weekend. I would not advise it as it turns into a zoo during the weekends. and

b) where the ship will be docking. If at Ocean terminal then getting the MTR is a short walk, but if at the new Kai Tak cruise terminal, then it is a taxi ride to a MTR station and then getting a taxi back from the station to the terminal. BTW transportation is cheap in HK and the fastest way is by MTR. I frankly do nt know what the availability of taxis will be like at the new cruise terminal as we won't be experiencing that till Nov when our ship docks there.

If your cruise boat docks at Ocean Terminal or the new Kai Tak Terminal on the Kowloon side take a taxi to Kowloon MTR station . From there take the MTR in the direction of TUNG CHUNG and alight at SANDY BAY station .

If your boats berths on Hong Kong Island take a taxi to Central MTR station . From there take MTR in the direction of TUNG CHUNG . Alight at Sandy Bay station .

Cross platform connection at Sandy Bay to the shuttle train to Disneyland .

Travel time Central/Kowloon to Disneyland , allow 40 minutes .

PS: Taxis in Hong Kong are RED, very reliable, dirt cheap, and drivers speak good English .

• 2 months later...
I was wondering as anyone been to Disneyland from Kai Tak cruise terminal

Did this is September - on a Sunday too. Took a shopping shuttle to the nearest shopping centre - about 25 minutes. Then train all the way to Disney (three changovers but easy) - about 45 minutes

Had five hours at Disney (don't miss the Lion King Show) and got back to the ship around 5.30 pm.

If 65 or over - train is about 30c each way, entry to Disney $10 - cheap as chips. Is a lot smaller than the other Disneys but not a bad day out especially if you have been to HK before.

I was wondering as anyone been to Disneyland from Kai Tak cruise terminal

A taxi from the port to Disney takes about 45 minutes so I am told and costs about $30 Aust and there seems to be plenty of taxis coming or going so not a problem.

Edited by Bpos