Best location hotel in Seattle

azmaui

Hi,

We are arriving at pier 91 and are looking for a hotel in the best location - closest (walking distance) to all attractions. Any recommendations?

Also, would we need to rent a car if we are planning on staying in downtown area? Do downtown hotels offer airport shuttles to take us to the aiport next day?

I would appreciate any advice about Seattle :)

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

We are arriving at pier 91 and are looking for a hotel in the best location - closest (walking distance) to all attractions. Any recommendations?

Also, would we need to rent a car if we are planning on staying in downtown area? Do downtown hotels offer airport shuttles to take us to the aiport next day?

I would appreciate any advice about Seattle :)

Thank you!

Downtown hotels don't offer shuttles to the airport . You won't need a car in the downtown area . Seattle a very walkable city . Most attractions are downtown or a short bus/monorail ride from downtown. There is a train that runs from Downtown to the airport.

Downtown hotels don't offer shuttles to the airport . You won't need a car in the downtown area. Seattle a very walkable city . Most attractions are downtown or a short bus/monorail ride from downtown. There is a train that runs from Downtown to the airport.

You won't need a car in the downtown area, and parking one there will be a pain, and cost you an arm and a leg!

If you want to get out and see sights out of the city, get a car for a day or two, and consider staying outside downtown if you keep it overnight. But having one while you visit places like Pike Place Market, Seattle Center, Pioneer Square, the waterfront, etc. is going to be more of a liability than an asset.

Edited by Casagordita

We're staying at The Inn at the Market, which is across the street from Pike Place Market. We haven't stayed there before, so I'm going on location and reviews ( which are all GREAT). It is pricier than most places we stay, but most places in Seattle are. I figured for the extra cost, I would be making the most of my time in Seattle. They have a cruise package, but if you add up what you get in it, you can do it yourself for the same price.

Thank You! Thinking we wont get a car. Still don't know where to stay - inn at the market is sold out so I would appreciate any advice.

You might want to look for hotel near the Space Needle. Then just take the monorail into downtown.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

you definitely don't need a car if you're staying downtown and sightseeing downtown. Downtown Seattle is quite small. A visit to the Space Needle is easy via the monorail, or a taxi will be undder $10.

A taxi to the airport from downtown is a fixed fare of $40 if I remember correctly. Or you can look at http://www.flatrateforhire.com and their fare is about $30.

If you can easily manage your luggage, you can take the Light Rail from Westlake Center at 5th and Pike to Seatac. $3 for a 40 minute ride.

Where to stay in Seattle depends on your budget and how close you need to be to the action. All the big chains are represented. Or try the Mayflower which is at Westlake Center.... gets great reviews on this forum. For lesser priced options try the Seattle Center/Space Needle area, ie Hampton Inn or HI Express. Or try Lake Union where you're still in Seattle but away from the busy-ness of the downtown core.... walk along the lake, watch seaplanes and boat traffic, and enjoy good restauarnts. Silver Cloud on Lake Union has a free shuttle to popular places downtown, great b'fast, free laundry, pool. Our office uses it consistently for out of town clients.

Edited by mapleleaves