Best part of the ship to reserve a room, Forward, Mid ship or Back of the ship?

LonghornMom

Looking to book a cruise on carnival Triumph, last time (my frist cruise) we stayed in the front. Now I want to know where the best place to stay on the ship front, mid ship or back. Balcony room or Premium Balcony. Any help will be apppreciated. Planning on booking this week !!!!! Thanks!

Looking to book a cruise on carnival Triumph, last time (my frist cruise) we stayed in the front. Now I want to know where the best place to stay on the ship front, mid ship or back. Balcony room or Premium Balcony. Any help will be apppreciated. Planning on booking this week !!!!! Thanks!

Welcome to CruiseCritic. On any ship you will get the most stable voyage mid ship. Think of a ship as seesaw - the middle part pitches much less than either end.

You'll find a better answer for specifics regarding the Triumph on the Carnival board here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Supposedly the lower decks will also give you the smoothest ride. That said I have been in many different places on board and not had any problems.

When it comes to balconies it really depends on how much you want to spend. Some people are seldom in their cabins and don't see the need to spend more for a balcony. Others spend lots of time on their balconies (morning coffee, meals, etc) and would not consider cruising without one.

You need to define your required parameters before it is possible to indicate what stateroom is "best". For example, my wife would never consider an aft or forward stateroom as "best', even if she was given it as a free upgrade. Yet there are people who love the aft wrap arounds.

Some people love insides. I would go bonkers in one.

As always, "best" is always a personal decision.

DON

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you are prone to sea sickness -- book a cabin that is low and in the middle of the low -- less motion.

For us -- we like to be high -- bow to middle of the ship -- with a verandah where we can sit out and people watch while in port.

The aft has no appeal to us -- don't like watching where we have been.

Hi,

As others have said...everyone is different, and have different likes/dislikes...for a variety of reasons.

For us, if we were traveling on the Triumph, we'd pick one on the Premium Vista Balcony cabins, on the aft/stern on decks 8,7 and 6, with the wrap around balconies. We just LOVE the view and soothing sound of the wake and distant horizon !

Might take you a few more cruises to find your "best" cabin location !! :D

Enjoy

Woody

Archived