To Jamman54 or those in the know ... HMC return tenders

Pandot

We are on the Pride in September. We have a cabana and are at HMC from 9-5.

I wish I could pull Jamman54's back on the last tender trick but I am traveling with my Autistic 5 year old son. He does not wait in lines well - is best for him and those around him if we don't.

That being said - what time do I need to leave to avoid the line to return to the ship?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

If you want to be on the last tender, then just hang around the tender area (not necessarily in the line) until the last few folks are on the tender, then run on up and board. They aren't going to leave you ON the island!! Or, get on the tender about 1 hour prior to the last scheduled time.

Something new at HMC last week. (Or, I have never seen this before). There was a covered tender waiting area with 4 lines all leading to just 1 doorway with Security. Quite the bottleneck as they were screening all beach bags through an 'airport-type' machine. At least we were under cover with fans and misters to keep us a bit cool. Even an hour and a half before final tender- we had to wait 15 minutes to get thru the gate. Very hot on the island so maybe people were leaving early to get back to the ship.

• 1 month later...
We are on the Pride in September. We have a cabana and are at HMC from 9-5.

I wish I could pull Jamman54's back on the last tender trick but I am traveling with my Autistic 5 year old son. He does not wait in lines well - is best for him and those around him if we don't.

That being said - what time do I need to leave to avoid the line to return to the ship?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

In Jamman54's Fascinatin review this is what he advised:

"Much too soon, it was time to head back to the ship. As far as the tender process back to the ship, I can offer you some advice. If you are hell bent on getting back to the ship early, you will need to grab a tender two hours before the last scheduled tender. After that time, a line will begin to develop, getting longer and longer as time goes on. Here are a few views of the above mentioned lines. Nothing like standing out in the HOT sun….."

Not sure if this is different now since the previous poster mentioned a new screening area.

We were just there this past Tuesday. As stated above all passengers go thru a shaded, covered area with fans and misters then thru a security check bottleneck to board. We waited about 20 minutes or so.

The tenders run non stop all day.

Half Moon Cay is truly paradise.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
Something new at HMC last week. (Or, I have never seen this before). There was a covered tender waiting area with 4 lines all leading to just 1 doorway with Security. Quite the bottleneck as they were screening all beach bags through an 'airport-type' machine. At least we were under cover with fans and misters to keep us a bit cool. Even an hour and a half before final tender- we had to wait 15 minutes to get thru the gate. Very hot on the island so maybe people were leaving early to get back to the ship.

We were just there in April (same cruise with Jamman) on the Pride and they were busy building something close to the pier. Just wondering if this is it?

P4090013%20copy-L.jpg

P4090217%20copy-L.jpg