galveston - things to do day prior to a cruise

aeneas3

hi all,

Planning on getting in Friday for Breeze Sunday. Curious if anyone has thoughts on things to do Saturday. Any particular areas you would suggest we check out? We were thinking of going to sea wall area. We checked out the port area last year (and liked it.) This could be all day.

My thoughts were to take the shuttle from Harbor house to the old pier, check out Murdochs and walk around. I was not planning on bring suits to swim but we could. Any idea what the Gulf temperature is this time of year?

thanks!

Edited by aeneas3

There are many things to see/do around Harbor House: tall ship Elissa, Texas seaport museum, 3 20 minutes movies at the theater- The great Storm of 1900, Jean Lafitte, the pirate & Immigration into Galveston; the Strand and Post Office streets, the Drilling rig, mosquito fleet. Bishop's Palace on Broadway. Check out galveston history.org and galveston.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thank you, guys!

Think the boys will want to swim and the Galvez has a heated pool. Going to shuttle there, then walk around and eat. Then head back to hit some of the places you guys mentioned.

thanks again!

thank you, guys!

Think the boys will want to swim and the Galvez has a heated pool. Going to shuttle there, then walk around and eat. Then head back to hit some of the places you guys mentioned.

thanks again!

Our taxi driver Kent mentioned to us last year when we were in Galveston the Hotel Galveston is supposed haunted. It has a haunted room/floor. If you are staying there ask about the history when you check in.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Our taxi driver Kent mentioned to us last year when we were in Galveston the Hotel Galveston is supposed haunted. It has a haunted room/floor. If you are staying there ask about the history when you check in.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That's the Hotel Galvez. It's more than 100 years old now so I guess there could be a few ghosts around! :eek: