Midship Staircase Availabilty Above Deck 7

[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hi Rai,

I'm very concerned as to the availability for passengers to use the midship staircase above Deck 7. We always book midship & only use the stairs not the elevator so I'm wondering if passengers will be able to use the midship staircase as it's not showing up on the deck plans?

We are really looking forward to our sailing on the Maiden Transatlantic in October.

[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkOrchid][B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions.

[/COLOR][/B]Donna[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Solara'][B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hi Rai,

I'm very concerned as to the availability for passengers to use the midship staircase above Deck 7. We always book midship & only use the stairs not the elevator so I'm wondering if passengers will be able to use the midship staircase as it's not showing up on the deck plans?

We are really looking forward to our sailing on the Maiden Transatlantic in October.

[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkOrchid][B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions.

[/COLOR][/B]Donna[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]Hi Rai,

Still waiting for an answer to my question & if it is true the reason why those stairs won't be available to passengers.

Thanks![/B][/COLOR]

wow i had not noticed this...

so same number of elevators of grand class ships, 500-1000 more passengers, and no central stair above deck 7. this isnt gonna be good. i know its easier to make more money by cutting out "non moneymakers", such as stairs, but it seems a bit of a hazard considering that ALL 3600 passengers are on decks above 7. during muster drill/emergency, thats going to be 1800 passengers on either stairwell.

please dont bring this ship to the pacific ocean, we'll keep the hand me down grand class ships :)

Got back this morning from the preview cruise - I'm afraid the plans are correct. There's much we like about the new ship, and some things we really don't, including the lack of a midship staircase. Like other posters, we never use elevators, so this is a pain.

One minor consolation is that the 1000 Escape Completely photo winners adorn the corridor walls of the cabin decks - but it's definitely a minus point for us.

[quote name='black_velvet']Got back this morning from the preview cruise - I'm afraid the plans are correct. There's much we like about the new ship, and some things we really don't, including the lack of a midship staircase. Like other posters, we never use elevators, so this is a pain.

One minor consolation is that the 1000 Escape Completely photo winners adorn the corridor walls of the cabin decks - but it's definitely a minus point for us.[/quote][B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thanks for reporting back. I sure was hoping the plans were wrong.:( I'm still not taking the elevators but I know it will be a pain.

[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Solara'][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Thanks for reporting back. I sure was hoping the plans were wrong.:( I'm still not taking the elevators but I know it will be a pain. [/COLOR][/B]

[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm assuming you aschew the elevators for exercise, so I'm not sure why having to walk from forward or aft staircases to mid-ship is so distressing?[/FONT]

Archived