Uniworld Lunches

Cruiseskier

On our 3 Uniworld cruises, lunch has always been a very extensive buffet that includes a delicious selection of salads, soup of the day, sandwiches, cheeses, cold meats, hot vegetables, fish, hot meats (including at least one selection at the carving station), pastas, fresh bread and a variety of desserts (both sweets and fruits). You can obviously take as little or as much as you want, and chose between what I consider a more traditional lunch (soup and salad or soup and sandwich) or a multi-course meal (or both - some passengers really work up an appetite on the morning excursions!). It really is an embarrassment of choices!

Added: I just saw pinotlover's reply. I had no idea there was also a fixed menu and it never occurred to us to ask. You learn something new everyday on this board!

Edited by capriccio

Same goes for their breakfasts. Every morning there is a 'special'. And if you want eggs bennie every morning - you shall have eggs bennie every morning. :)

On one of our cruises we had to disembark at a crazy time like 4 am. The chef gave us little boxed meals with a roll and some meat and cheese to tide us over.

RB

I didn't realize it until a couple of years ago, but some individuals refuse to go through any buffet line, period, especially while on vacation. They choose to be served during each and every one of their meals. Uniworld facilitates those individuals with the menus and specials at both breakfast and lunch. ;)

Added: I just saw pinotlover's reply. I had no idea there was also a fixed menu and it never occurred to us to ask. You learn something new everyday on this board!

I asked about this aboard the Catherine, as I found their prepared dishes quite heavy on the fat and calories. The Maitre'd responded that there was not an option to have something prepared to order and he was certain that I would find something to my liking on the buffet.