Current drink prices

seaver

Well, I was hoping that someone who had more up-to-date info would post, but I guess not.

Here is the reply I posted on an older thread that was asking this question:

This was from May, 2013, Istanbul-Athens.

White Wines:

Glass - $7-11

Bottles - $26-41

Selections from Napa, Oregon, Washington St., Italy, New Zealand, Spain

Red Wines:

Glass - $7-15

Bottles - $26-58

Selections from Napa, Italy, Spain, Washington St., California, France, Oregon, Sonoma

Baccardi & Cointreau Cocktails - $8.25-8.50

Classic Martinis - $8.25

Grey Goose Cocktails - $11.50

Since we don't drink beer, I don't have beer pricing.

I don't think the pricing has changed very much since then. They had their drink menu available for those who wanted to check it before purchasing the drink package. You do not need to pre-purchase drink package, but should you decide to get it you do need to decide on embarkation day.

For some people, it makes sense to get it, for others not so much. Only you can determine that!:D

Is like to know also to decide if I should take the drink package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The special drink of the day will run $8.25. Beers $5 or $6 Glass of wine up to $15

With regards to the drink package, my wife and I took it this last cruise, and quite honestly didn't think we broke even since we guestimated that the breakeven point was 6 to 8 drink per person per day. Also come to find out my wife's preferred vodka of Kettle One was not in the package, nor tequilas other than Jose Gold (which IMHO is poor given that it is not 100% agave.) Wine by the glass was anything $11 and under.

All in all, since non-alcoholic drinks are included in the fare, and that we did try some of the local concoctions - i.e. Pain Killer on JVD, when ashore, we felt it was not worth it. You will be surprised how much one has to drink to make it worth while. Though...not having to sign each time was a nice perk.

Windstar will let you bring your own wine on board, no hard liquor. You can drink the wine on deck but cannot take the bottle out of your room. If you take a bottle to dinner, there is a corkage fee. We have seen people bring whole cases of wine on board.

• 2 months later...
The special drink of the day will run $8.25. Beers $5 or $6 Glass of wine up to $15

With regards to the drink package, my wife and I took it this last cruise, and quite honestly didn't think we broke even since we guestimated that the breakeven point was 6 to 8 drink per person per day. Also come to find out my wife's preferred vodka of Kettle One was not in the package, nor tequilas other than Jose Gold (which IMHO is poor given that it is not 100% agave.) Wine by the glass was anything $11 and under.

All in all, since non-alcoholic drinks are included in the fare, and that we did try some of the local concoctions - i.e. Pain Killer on JVD, when ashore, we felt it was not worth it. You will be surprised how much one has to drink to make it worth while. Though...not having to sign each time was a nice perk.

According to Windstar's website, premium liquors, including Grey Goose and Patron are included, so maybe the tequila selection is better now? I am more concerned with what they might have for rum selections, since we are looking at a Caribbean cruise. Also, how good are the wines by the glass? I'm afraid that the ones we would want to partake in are over the $11 price point.

We do enjoy our cocktails on vacation, and not having to sign for every drink like we are accustom to on Seabourn might be the way to go....it seems the consensus on these boards is it's not a great value, but maybe it depends on what brands you,prefer to drink and how many you consume?

Windstar will let you bring your own wine on board, no hard liquor. You can drink the wine on deck but cannot take the bottle out of your room.

Maybe if you try to take a bottle to the bar area, but we've spent several afternoons in one of the more secluded areas drinking from our own bottle of wine, and have never been questioned. Well, rereading that, we weren't actually drinking "from the bottle" :D we just bring up a couple glasses and keep the wine bottle in some sort of bag or tote. No one ever even glanced at us. Ditto with some dessert wine on deck after dinner.

I also think one wouldn't have a problem bringing hard liquor on board as no one ever glanced at anything we were carrying back after a shore excursion. Maybe when the x-ray the bags when you first board.

We were on Wind Star last week, Istanbul to Athens.

My wife and I for dinner had 2 glasses of wine (for her-Pinot Grighio) and me a beer (Grolsh) for a total cost with tip of about $26.

On the days we'd have the drink special of the day with tip two drinks were $17.

From my view, hard to rationalize a drink package for two at over $800 for a week vs what we spent for the week on alcohol (less than $200) unless you consume an awful lot.

A number of fellow guests did mention to me having regrets about pre-purchasing the package, especially with the amount of time you're ashore doing excursions and touring.