Disembarkation times from QM2 at Brooklyn

Robbiechops

Suites are normally early, so I'd say between 8:30 and 9:00, but I believe as a suite passenger you can comfortably linger. In January our (non-suite) transfer to Newark airport disembarked around 8:45.

Having said that, of three Brooklyn disembarkations, only one has been close to being on the planned schedule. In 2010 we arrived about 6 hours late after being delayed out of Quebec and in 2013 the additional health inspections due to the Noro outbreak delayed disembarkation by about an hour.

My own view is that it is completely unpredictable. The last time we disembarked at Brooklyn travelling in PG we were waiting in the chart room until well beyond 10 a.m. 'because of congestion in the baggage hall'. At about 10:30 I asked the 'person in charge' what was going on but she was unhelpful so (to my wife's horror) we just got up and went to the end of whatever line was there for disembarkation and went down to a completely empty (of people) baggage hall and found our bags immediately and were through passport control all in the space of five minutes.

Just make sure you have an answer to the following question that may potentially be posed by immigration:

"Do you have any luggage in your pockets?"

If you answer "no" you may get the following response:

"Why not?"

Even though I was in transit at Brooklyn, the people disembarking seemed to do so quite orderly. Walk off with your own luggage (clearly in one's pockets) by 7.15am and Grills were set for disembarkation (as I recall from my final night disembarkation guide) between 7.30 and 8.30am.

Redhook is a good terminal (as was Ocean Terminal at Southampton).

Thanks all for your replies - I have my onward transportation booked for 1030 so sounds like I'd be through by then? Maybe a silly question but what's stopping you using the bag service in grills and then disembarking with the carrying off your own luggage crowd. I'm just hoping immigration for non US citizens isn't a nightmare as per my past experiences at Mia, ewr and JFK :(

Thanks all for your replies - I have my onward transportation booked for 1030 so sounds like I'd be through by then? Maybe a silly question but what's stopping you using the bag service in grills and then disembarking with the carrying off your own luggage crowd. I'm just hoping immigration for non US citizens isn't a nightmare as per my past experiences at Mia, ewr and JFK :(

Your bags may not have made it off by the time you disembark basically. Immigration can be tricky but normally the Immigration staff are better than those at airports, no guarantees though.

A couple of questions: what time should we arrive in Southampton and be prepared to board the QM2? We are sailing in the Princess Grill.

Can anyone tell me how and when to sign up for a group/bus transfer from Brooklyn to any of the three NYC area airports? We are sailing on a TA , west bound, on June 5 th. Do you think we could make a 3:10 pm flight from JFK? Will the Grills' Concierge be able to arrange a transfer whilst we are on board? Thank you!

... Do you think we could make a 3:10 pm flight from JFK? Will the Grills' Concierge be able to arrange a transfer whilst we are on board? Thank you!
Yes and yes. Bon voyage!

Can anyone tell me how and when to sign up for a group/bus transfer from Brooklyn to any of the three NYC area airports? We are sailing on a TA , west bound, on June 5 th. Do you think we could make a 3:10 pm flight from JFK? Will the Grills' Concierge be able to arrange a transfer whilst we are on board? Thank you!

You should have no trouble making a 3:10pm flight.

Contact Cunard or your Travel Agent now to buy your airport transfers. We paid $34 per person for our transfers to Newark. I understand that the rate is the same for all 3 airports. If you wait until you are on the ship, you will pay $49 per person according to others who have purchased them on board.

CrusinPashmina,

Are you on the cruise for June 5 2014? We will also be on the QM2, but we are undecided whether to book a car service to LaGuardia (will pick up a car rental back to FL) or to book the transfer with Cunard directly.

Where are you in FL? We are in Orlando. Hope to see you on QM2.

• 9 months later...

My wife and I are staying in London for three days prior to boarding QMII. We have never been there before. We are interested to know the best neighborhoods for first time London tourists to look for hotels. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Bob and Dot

My wife and I are staying in London for three days prior to boarding QMII. We have never been there before. We are interested to know the best neighborhoods for first time London tourists to look for hotels. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Bob and Dot

My recommendation would be for a hotel near the Westminster Bridge and then get an Oyster Card from one of the 2 underground "tube" stations that are within easy walking distance. We have stayed at the Westminster Bridge Park Plaza hotel and there have been many favorable recommendations for several of the County Hall hotels nearby. London's tube system makes it very easy and inexpensive to get to nearly everywhere in London.

Bob

Bob and Dot

Hello Bob & Dot - an early welcome to London!

It really depends on what your main objectives are over the 3 days.

If sightseeing is your number one, then I would suggest a hotel in the Victoria Station area. There are quite a few good hotels along Buckingham Palace Road (some used by Cunard packages) & the area will give you excellent transport links for both the main public transport facilities (underground/buses & Victoria overground station if you wish to venture outside London) as well as the HOHO sightseeing buses that will take you all around the city/west end as well as covering all the major tourist attractions. You can also include in your fare entrance to many of these sites (Tower of London etc.) Remember in the main, museums are free.

If shopping is your want, then hotels in the Oxford Street area give you good access to the department stores as well as up market areas such as Bond Street/St James's, plus easy access to Covent Garden for both shopping & entertainment/good choice of restaurants.

Both areas give you good access to Theatreland & in Leicester Square there is the half price ticket booth where you'll get good deals on productions on the day.

All the major hotel chains have hotels in these areas, and as a starter go through Bookings.com where availability will be listed for your dates. If you have affiliation to particular chains, then you can drill it down at source, but this is a good website as a starter as you can search via area/star rating & closeness to attractions etc.

Yes, do purchase an Oyster ~ it's best value for multiple travel stops on buses & underground & you will not have to queue to purchase daily tickets, just swipe as you go. Maps & other tourist information is available at all stations & hotel concierge are a fountain of local knowledge in London.

I think if you stick to the central hub of town you will find both travel & facilities easier to enjoy, but if you want information on going a little further afield, do post back & I'll look into this thread in a few days & try to help further.

Enjoy my home city, it has a lot to offer!

Best wishes,

Sue