Help!! Hotels in NOLA

meganj

Hello all! My mom and I are sailing on the Dream December 13th! With that being said, we are leaving from New Orleans. Neither of us have ever been there. Near ports in Florida, we could find hotels with "cruise packages", where they would hold our car and shuttle us to the port and back to the hotel from the port. I seem to have a hard time finding a hotel in Nola that will do this for us. Anyone have any ideas?! Please and thank you!! [emoji8][emoji13]

None of the hotels near the port or in the French quarter offer this. Check hotels near the airport or in Metairie or Gretna. I think there are some that do have park n cruise packages. Check the New Orleans board under ports of call for more info.

Holiday Inn Metairie (15 mins from FQ) offers a stay, park and cruise package. For our Dream cruise March 16 we have booked a room here and here's the scoop: $169 for the night, includes two welcome cocktails at the bar, 2 breakfasts in their restaurant, parking for up to 10 days and shuttle to and from cruise port.

I think Country Inn & Suites also has a park and cruise package.

Good luck and have fun!!

You can get hotel any where in French quarter and use Fulton garage... It's like 5 minutes away and they shuttle you back and forth...and it's only 8 dollars a night!!

Very true. We are staying at Hotel Villa Convento in the French Quarter for 2 nights in October, then parking the car for the cruise at Fulton Garage. Roof top parking is $8 per day, inside covered parking is $10 per day. The shuttle they offer is for cruise parking (they are 2-3 blocks away) and is only to and from the port.

If you do get a hotel in the French Quarter and then use either Fulton Garage or port parking for the cruise, be aware, almost all hotels in the Quarter DO NOT offer free parking during your stay. Most will charge anywhere from $20-$35 per night to park. There are public lots that charge a bit less.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Very true. We are staying at Hotel Villa Convento in the French Quarter for 2 nights in October, then parking the car for the cruise at Fulton Garage. Roof top parking is $8 per day, inside covered parking is $10 per day. The shuttle they offer is for cruise parking (they are 2-3 blocks away) and is only to and from the port.

If you do get a hotel in the French Quarter and then use either Fulton Garage or port parking for the cruise, be aware, almost all hotels in the Quarter DO NOT offer free parking during your stay. Most will charge anywhere from $20-$35 per night to park. There are public lots that charge a bit less.

How was the Villa Convento? Location, convenience for French Quarter, cafes for breakfast nearby, rooms. Anything else that would be helpful. We are booked for 2 nights in January. We won't have a car so will take taxi to cruise port.

Thanks.

We really liked it. Older hotel in an old quarter building but nice and staff is great. Our room was ground floor in courtyard. A bit of a musty smell but quickly went away. Beds comfy and bathroom nice and clean. Little cafe directly across the street for breakfast and Cafe du Monde close. At far end of French Quarter but very easy to get around. Bourbon 2 blocks up. Would stay there again. Get a French Quarter map to help get around but it's not hard. Go up to Bourbon from hotel and go left. Couple blocks or so down on the left is Nola Po Boys. Sooo good!

Edited by mamajules

We really liked it. Older hotel in an old quarter building but nice and staff is great. Our room was ground floor in courtyard. A bit of a musty smell but quickly went away. Beds comfy and bathroom nice and clean. Little cafe directly across the street for breakfast and Cafe du Monde close. At far end of French Quarter but very easy to get around. Bourbon 2 blocks up. Would stay there again. Get a French Quarter map to help get around but it's not hard. Go up to Bourbon from hotel and go left. Couple blocks or so down on the left is Nola Po Boys. Sooo good!

Thanks. You've verified everything I've seen on the hotel's website plus reviews on Tripadvisor. I'm looking forward to being here in about six or seven weeks.