Oasis ~ Boardwalk View Balcony

Motion? Noisy? Pictures to share?

I am very excited to be booked on the Oasis, which will be my 1st cruise with Royal. I usually book cabins that are mid-ship and on a lower level deck. I think the highest deck cabin that I've booked was on deck 6.

I broke both of my rules when booking Oasis.......booked an AFT cabin AND booked a higher deck cabin on deck 10 :eek:. Do you feel a lot of motion being up that high? Does anyone have any pictures of the view that I will see? I am hoping that we're high up enough that I can see the ocean over the aquatheater. Is this a good cabin location? Noisy cabin location? Any info that you'd like to share.....good or bad......I'm all for it.

Thanks!

We we on the Oasis for the Nov 29 - Dec 6 Eastern cruise in room 10321. The view of the Aqua Theater was great, no need to reserve ticket for the shows.

The only time we noticed any noise was on the final day when they played CNN on the big screen at 1000 db, at 6:15am. I think this was to get everyone up and ready to disembark...it worked.

From these rooms you get the best of all worlds. You can see the Ocean, you can see the shows, you get an instant weather report and you can watch the action on the Boardwalk day or night.

As far a motion...we had a couple of days with 15 - 18 ft seas and yes you could feel the ship moving but, no more than other parts of the ship.

This is the view of the theater from our room. Hope this helps.

20141129_171034.jpg.8393cec78a996e2a45a0f65935e4fcb6.jpg

We had a Boardwalk balcony on oasis last year and no issues. We were one of the furthest fr the Aqua Theater on deck 11. No issues at all, you just need to remember to keep curtains closed , esp at night , if you want privacy.

Have stayed in decks 10 & 11 on the Oasis class ships in a Boardwalk Balcony and always enjoy it. We've never experienced super loud noise. If you an early to bed person, you might hear some of the sound from the Aqua Show a couple of times rather late. It's very muffled, so unless you are a very light sleeper, shouldn't be a problem.

I think the main thing is to be as aft as you can. I'm booked on deck 11 room 729 so im at the very end and views i've seen on the internet from there are awesome so i'm sure deck 10 will be great too.:D

I'm booked in cabin 10727, just 1 cabin shy from the very end. Glad to hear that the views are awesome :D.

We we on the Oasis for the Nov 29 - Dec 6 Eastern cruise in room 10321. The view of the Aqua Theater was great, no need to reserve ticket for the shows.

The only time we noticed any noise was on the final day when they played CNN on the big screen at 1000 db, at 6:15am. I think this was to get everyone up and ready to disembark...it worked.

From these rooms you get the best of all worlds. You can see the Ocean, you can see the shows, you get an instant weather report and you can watch the action on the Boardwalk day or night.

As far a motion...we had a couple of days with 15 - 18 ft seas and yes you could feel the ship moving but, no more than other parts of the ship.

This is the view of the theater from our room. Hope this helps.

This sounds PERFECT!!! Will I be able to see people climbing up the rock climbing wall too?

OMG!!! 15-18 ft waves....whew! Glad to hear that you don't really feel a difference by being in the back of the ship.

LOVE the picture! Thank you so much!

We had a Boardwalk balcony on oasis last year and no issues. We were one of the furthest fr the Aqua Theater on deck 11. No issues at all, you just need to remember to keep curtains closed , esp at night , if you want privacy.

Good advice! I'm used to not having to worry about others looking in because i've always been in a balcony or ocean view cabin. I'll definitely keep the curtains closed at night. Thanks!

Have stayed in decks 10 & 11 on the Oasis class ships in a Boardwalk Balcony and always enjoy it. We've never experienced super loud noise. If you an early to bed person, you might hear some of the sound from the Aqua Show a couple of times rather late. It's very muffled, so unless you are a very light sleeper, shouldn't be a problem.

We go to bed rather late, so all is good. Thank you for the info!

The only problem we had with our Boardwalk balcony cabin was that the cabin was very small and it was just the two of us. Noise was never an issue for us.

LuLu

I'm only familiar with Carnival's cabins and they were spacious. I'm not sure if it's true or not but I've read that Royal's cabins are smaller than Carnival's so I hope they're not TOO small. Luckily, there will only be 2 of us in my cabin as well.

I've got cabin 10729 for ours and can't wait. I found this video of our cabin a while ago. I think your bed configuration is different (yours will be near the sliding door) but it'll give you an idea of the view from your balcony.

We had 12729 two weeks ago on Oasis. It's the last one on starboard side. The aqua show is great from there. My sons watched every one of the early shows. I could hear the noise from it when the late shows were even though the door was locked and sealed. I hear everything when I sleep though so maybe you won't. I loved that we could still see the ocean. We usually do have ocean view balconies but got this one for the kids, thought they would enjoy it more and they did.

I posted some pictures in another thread

Post 16 Post 31 and Post 32

Here are a few... More in the original thread.

In this picture you can see people in the room across the Boardwalk.

AllureRoom10325BedBalc2.jpg

Here is a picture where you can see the back of the ship.

Allure_10325_P3130021.jpg

Here is the Aqua show at night.

Allure_10325_DSC00209.jpg

Edited by rakes5

I've got cabin 10729 for ours and can't wait. I found this video of our cabin a while ago. I think your bed configuration is different (yours will be near the sliding door) but it'll give you an idea of the view from your balcony.

The aquatheater view in this video looks like it's far down from deck 10, but doesn't look that way on the pictures. Definitely can see the ocean from it :D. Thanks so much for this link. Very helpful!

We had 12729 two weeks ago on Oasis. It's the last one on starboard side. The aqua show is great from there. My sons watched every one of the early shows. I could hear the noise from it when the late shows were even though the door was locked and sealed. I hear everything when I sleep though so maybe you won't. I loved that we could still see the ocean. We usually do have ocean view balconies but got this one for the kids, thought they would enjoy it more and they did.

I pretty much hear everything when I sleep too, but I hope that the shows will be over by the time I go to bed (which is usually late). Yes, I love that I will be able to see the ocean as well. Thank you for the information.

I posted some pictures in another thread

Post 16 Post 31 and Post 32

Here are a few... More in the original thread.

In this picture you can see people in the room across the Boardwalk.

AllureRoom10325BedBalc2.jpg

Here is a picture where you can see the back of the ship.

Allure_10325_P3130021.jpg

Here is the Aqua show at night.

Allure_10325_DSC00209.jpg

Hmmmmm, being able to see people in their cabins during the day worries me. *note to self* I have to be sure to keep the curtains closed while getting dressed and/or undressed during the day.

The views look great! Thank you so much for the pictures. And your thread confirmed that my bed placement will be by the balcony, not the closet. Glad I won't have to struggle with getting in and out of the closet.

1. There are 2 curtains, one sheer and one thick. Keep the sheer one closed at all times. You still have lights coming in to your cabin, but nobody can see you.

At night (or when you turn on your cabin lamp), draw both curtains closed.

2. You can't get in and out of the closet. It is not a walk-in closet. Just to keep your clothes in. You stand out of the closet.

I don't know how roomy is your cabin in Carnival. Royal's cabin is not too small, but not too big either.

1. There are 2 curtains, one sheer and one thick. Keep the sheer one closed at all times. You still have lights coming in to your cabin, but nobody can see you.

At night (or when you turn on your cabin lamp), draw both curtains closed.

2. You can't get in and out of the closet. It is not a walk-in closet. Just to keep your clothes in. You stand out of the closet.

I don't know how roomy is your cabin in Carnival. Royal's cabin is not too small, but not too big either.

Thanks for clearing up the curtain situation. I feel a whole lot better now.

As for the closet, I think I've read that the space is kind of tight between the closet and the bed and that made it difficult to stand between them.