New Cruiser Help Needed

scousemags

Hi Myself ,husband .brother and sister in law are off on Independance of the seas round the Med nx July

I haven't ever been on a cruise and am a little apprehensive to say the least

My question is

we are thinking of a drinks package and can't decide between ultimate and select packages . What beers are included ?

also my SIL won't drink much , if my brother wants a drink package but she doesnt how does that work ?

Ultimate covers almost every kind of drink (up to a certain cost)...select is for beer/wine.....Not everyone in a cabin needs to buy the package..so if you don't drink booze, there's no real need! Included drinks are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot) lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast! Cans of soda are about $2.85 or so...

Edited by cb at sea

A Med cruise is very port intensive, you need to drink 6-8 cocktails or 10-15 beers a day to make it worthwhile. That is hard to do if you spend most of everyday in port off the ship. Rccl no longer requires each person in the cabin to purchase the package, your sea pass card is pre loaded with the drink package info as well as having your photo show up on screen as they swipe your card. The bar tenders are very good at catching those that share drinks and will turn you in. happy cruising