Talk me into the Glory! Need help ASAP!

We have sailed the Freedom before (a surprise 50th for my DH and 52 surprise guests)- and I know this is similar- and we enjoyed it! We are trying to book a March sailing and when you snooze, you lose. We were going to book the Sunshine, but it now almost entirely sold out. So we are now between the Navigator of the Seas and the Glory. Is it true it will be in dry dock in Feb? Any thoughts would be most appreciated. LOVE the itinerary!

Thanks!

We have sailed the Freedom before (a surprise 50th for my DH and 52 surprise guests)- and I know this is similar- and we enjoyed it! We are trying to book a March sailing and when you snooze, you lose. We were going to book the Sunshine, but it now almost entirely sold out. So we are now between the Navigator of the Seas and the Glory. Is it true it will be in dry dock in Feb? Any thoughts would be most appreciated. LOVE the itinerary!

Thanks!

Almost sold out is just another way of saying that there are still a few cabins available.

Which ship is "it"? Is the Glory it or is the Navigator OTS it?

Almost sold out is just another way of saying that there are still a few cabins available.

Which ship is "it"? Is the Glory it or is the Navigator OTS it?

:D:D Almost sold out is also another way of saying SO expensive!!!! It is twice the price of the Glory for a balcony cabin right now as there are NO cabins avail for 4 people, so need to do 2 on the Spa level- YIKES!

We liked the Freedom- never been on a RCCL Voyager Class- but have done Oasis twice and Harmony. Might like a smaller ship next.

:D:D Almost sold out is also another way of saying SO expensive!!!! It is twice the price of the Glory for a balcony cabin right now as there are NO cabins avail for 4 people, so need to do 2 on the Spa level- YIKES!

We liked the Freedom- never been on a RCCL Voyager Class- but have done Oasis twice and Harmony. Might like a smaller ship next.

Okay, but which ship is "it"? The Glory or the Navigator.

Yes. Glory will be in dry dock late Feb through midnight March. It already has the 2.0 upgrades and will be getting Waterworks as well as some routine maintenance/cleaning. I'm booked on the Glory 25 March cruise Western Caribbean. 45 days!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Oh that is awesome!

Yes. Glory will be in dry dock late Feb through midnight March. It already has the 2.0 upgrades and will be getting Waterworks as well as some routine maintenance/cleaning. I'm booked on the Glory 25 March cruise Western Caribbean. 45 days!

Plus Glory will get three brand new slides during dry dock

Glory's first sailing after dry dock will be March 11. I would wait to sail on her until until at 3/25 the earliest. That would be two weeks after dry dock in case they are still doing unfinished work it should be done by then. You can't lose on the Glory seeing that it will have fresh painting and carpets plus the waterworks and new slides.

Love the Glory! The size is perfect and the design kinks of the previous ships like the Triumph and Destiny class are worked out. Like the adult pool in the back and the mdr food was pretty good. plus it has many of the 2.0 features.Crew kept it clean and the crew was really nice but I like meeting everyone and knowing where they are from!

Might just end up being a blessing in disguise that the Sunshine is almost sold out! I bet you would have a great time on the Glory especially if you liked Freedom. I fell in love with Valor and they are all Conquest class ships. I wish I was sitting at one of the tables on the back of lido watching the wake behind me eating some ice cream right now!

Not sure if this will help or hinder your decision. We've sailed on the Navigator and absolutely loved it. I think it's my favorite ship out of 18 cruises (and we just got off the Vista). We are going on the Glory in June due to itinerary and sail dates. We've done the Carnival Liberty and liked it, so we think the Glory will be great, especially with the waterworks upgrade. That being said Navigator of the Seas is an all- time favorite ship. GREAT activities, love the promenade, perfect sized ship, never crowded feeling.

Not sure if this will help or hinder your decision. We've sailed on the Navigator and absolutely loved it. I think it's my favorite ship out of 18 cruises (and we just got off the Vista). We are going on the Glory in June due to itinerary and sail dates. We've done the Carnival Liberty and liked it, so we think the Glory will be great, especially with the waterworks upgrade. That being said Navigator of the Seas is an all- time favorite ship. GREAT activities, love the promenade, perfect sized ship, never crowded feeling.

VERY helpful! Thanks for your advice!

Might just end up being a blessing in disguise that the Sunshine is almost sold out! I bet you would have a great time on the Glory especially if you liked Freedom. I fell in love with Valor and they are all Conquest class ships. I wish I was sitting at one of the tables on the back of lido watching the wake behind me eating some ice cream right now!

Thanks! Me too! :D

Love the Glory! The size is perfect and the design kinks of the previous ships like the Triumph and Destiny class are worked out. Like the adult pool in the back and the mdr food was pretty good. plus it has many of the 2.0 features.Crew kept it clean and the crew was really nice but I like meeting everyone and knowing where they are from!

Good point! Thanks!

Glory's first sailing after dry dock will be March 11. I would wait to sail on her until until at 3/25 the earliest. That would be two weeks after dry dock in case they are still doing unfinished work it should be done by then. You can't lose on the Glory seeing that it will have fresh painting and carpets plus the waterworks and new slides.

That is also a good point! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I will be on this cruise also..with a group of 25 others!