Damage to Bermuda

DJ1VIKES

Anyone know how much damage was done in Bermuda? Will be going there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance,

David H

I saw a news report that said that the majority of the power is restored, busses are running again, and the first cruise ship calls on Wednesday.

Yep. We didn't get too much damage and most businesses are back to normal. The only exception I can think of is electricity which hasn't been restored to all homes and some businesses. Even though we encountered a hurricane you will see little damage and where there is damage I'm quite sure that the damage will not affect your visit.

Come on, visit and enjoy.

Edited by ComeOnLetsGo

Yep. We didn't get too much damage and most businesses are back to normal. The only exception I can think of is electricity which hasn't been restored to all homes and some businesses. Even though we encountered a hurricane you will see little damage and where there is damage I'm quite sure that the damage will not affect your visit.

So all the animals at the Zoo/Aquarium are ok?

Will the beaches be affected at all? I'm wondering if there will be a lot of debris, seaweed, etc. We arrive on Saturday.

This will be a good time to go 'beach combing' for some goodies that may have washed up in the heavy surf. Keep your eyes to the sand as your wander the beaches. Never know if you might spot some gold coins or other artifacts from long ago sunken ships.... :cool:

Glad everyone is okay. Was watching the hurricane on the webcam and it looked really bad. We'll be in your sunny island on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

If you come to visit, there will still be some buildings with tarps on their roofs and some debris in the parks. But everything is pretty much functioning as normal.

It actually could be a bonus if you are a diver because one of my friends said it helped uncover new things in the water and made for some spectacular diving

I was amazed by how few homes were actually damaged, yes I know they are build to specs to withstand hurricanes, but Gonzalo was a strong one :eek:

One thing did strike me...the quantity of trees down :eek:, and I mean huge trees 60 to 80 years old ( per locals we had the chance to chat with ) and so many "forest" ( they call it forest but it is more like the size of half a football field ) that are completely down... and the brown color of a large part of the bushes and the grass ( they say it's not dead and will recover shortly )...

It will take many years for those forest to grow back....

The Somers Garden in St-George's was closed and so many trees were down :( this garden is usually so beautiful...

We were very lucky to sail to Bermuda and we wish all the residents all the best...