Thomson Airways Check in

Hi. Can anyone tell me when I can check in online. Flight is at 0635 a week tomorrow on 20th. Tickets says we can check in one week in advance. So my question. When is 'a week'? Is it tonight at midnight or a week tomorrow at 0635? Thanks.

Hi. Can anyone tell me when I can check in online. Flight is at 0635 a week tomorrow on 20th. Tickets says we can check in one week in advance. So my question. When is 'a week'? Is it tonight at midnight or a week tomorrow at 0635? Thanks.

I think it's just past midnight once it goes' live' - I'd definitely give it a go tonight. You should be able to select your seats and get your boarding pass but you'll still have to check your baggage in on the day.

"You should be able to select your seats and get your boarding pass but you'll still have to check your baggage in on the day."

We waited until the 7 day window opened for online check in - our seats were pre-allocated (each way) on our recent flight for Ancient Wonders.

Don't you have to pay for self selected seats ?

"You should be able to select your seats and get your boarding pass but you'll still have to check your baggage in on the day."

We waited until the 7 day window opened for online check in - our seats were pre-allocated (each way) on our recent flight for Ancient Wonders.

Don't you have to pay for self selected seats ?

Sorry WCM, I've jumped to the conclusion that you paid for pre selected seats but once the live on-line check-in opens up it was possible to select anything that's left in a kind of free for all. But from what you say it's not interactive at that stage just an opportunity to check in.

We did on-line check-in for BA and could select our seats at that point but since they don't charge you to choose your seats I can see why that would be different from Thomson. The last few times we've travelled with Thomson, we've paid for seats together so were already sorted in that respect so it's was just the check-in part involved. Sorry to have muddied the waters WCM :confused:

You're correct happy v but you have to pay to move. We didn't as we were allocated window and middle on the outward flight and aisle seats on the return flight.

Well I'm glad I'm right about something.

If you're not that bothered, or a large family (geo), it's worth a gamble.

Well i tried at 00:01 and it allowed me to go through process of checking in, with Thomson assigned seats, bt got an error when finalising. I don't trust the ipad internet browser so I tried Chrome, and strangely the link to check in is still greyed out!

Actually scratch that it has worked. It generated an error saying it had not worked, but on main screen on flightextras.thomsonairways.com theres a link to print and they are there :-) Happy winthe seats so thats a few ££ saved.

Hi Linda, I think you can do it by calling up and you can pay to get anoter seat as long as it is available. I know at my airline people may be 'assigned' a seat but until they have checked in and have a boarding card for it then those seats are technically still up for grabs. I should imagine its the same on Thomson but im not 100% sure. When you think there are still people who like to check in at the airport there should still be some seats left

New on here, so please excuse any mistakes.

Thank you for this thread, as I read it this morning and checked in immediately for November 20th. We had not paid for seats as it's such a short flight but we like to sit together.

Good result, 2 aisle seats on the way to Malaga and a 2 seats together on the way back; 1 of which is a window seat.

Thank you, once again:)

New on here, so please excuse any mistakes.

Thank you for this thread, as I read it this morning and checked in immediately for November 20th. We had not paid for seats as it's such a short flight but we like to sit together.

Good result, 2 aisle seats on the way to Malaga and a 2 seats together on the way back; 1 of which is a window seat.

Thank you, once again:)

Welcome to CC mansej, hope you have a great cruise :)

Your seats are preselected but you can pay to change them. It was £9 per person each way in June but I believe the Carribean flights cost more due to length of flight.

That's really odd. Why should it cost more. You are only changing seats twice at max, once out and once back, same as any other destination. Or maybe there is a new game of musical chairs, and people could rotate during longer flights! Lol Sweby

That's really odd. Why should it cost more. You are only changing seats twice at max, once out and once back, same as any other destination. Or maybe there is a new game of musical chairs, and people could rotate during longer flights! Lol Sweby

Thinking about it again Sweby I may have got that wrong! I remember reading that something cost more on the Carribean flights due to the length of flight. Maybe it was the extra leg room or something like that. Never been to the Carribean myself (yet) so not sure. Someone will know!:)

Thinking about it again Sweby I may have got that wrong! I remember reading that something cost more on the Carribean flights due to the length of flight. Maybe it was the extra leg room or something like that. Never been to the Carribean myself (yet) so not sure. Someone will know!:)

Actually I think it does cost more to pre book seats to Caribbean.