Getting to Port of Miami

BethV114

Hi all. We're flying in the evening of 1/1/08 for our Brilliance cruise which departs Miami the following day, 1/2/08. We'll be staying at the Sheraton Miami Mart (got a good rate through Hotwire), so I was wondering what the best way is to get to the port on the day of embarkation.:confused:

Is it expensive to just take a cab, or should we look into a shuttle-type service to the port? If it's best to take a shuttle, does anyone have any recommendations for a particular company or where to find a listing of companies that serve the Port of Miami? Thanks in advance for the help.:)

A cab is not that expensive--plan about $25.00, and you can leave when you want. No waiting for a shuttle to fill. No checking into the ship with a busload of others! A cab is the way to go!

Thanks for the info. We were hoping to take a cab, but were afraid that it was going to be very expensive. $25ish isn't bad at all and, as you said, we can leave whenever we want and won't be checking in with a busload of others!:D

glad I read this. I reserved space on the shuttle, which does not pick up until 10 am. I'll be arriving in Maimi Intl around 1am.

How early are we allowed to board the ship??

we took a cab from sunny isles (north miami beach) to the port..about $65..b/c the exit to the port on 95 was closed. construction made slow going...glad we werent driving! no signs telling u which exit to use, a mess... we took a cab from the port back to sunny isles after the cruise, they did not charge for luggage. it was about $60, we had 4 so it wasnt bad. its worth any price almost to not have to drive in miami, espically the port with all those people and cars. take the cab..

Thanks. Sounds like too many problems with the cabs, and they won't board 'til noon, so I guess I'll keep my shuttle reservation....have a nice holiday season! See you in the new year.

Archived