Daughters Friend travelling with us under 18

Jules12Wed

HI is anyone able to help me. We have just booked Voyager in August. We are taking my daughter and her friend who are both 17. I need a notarised letter signed by her parents, can anyone advise if Royal Caribbean have a standardised form and if so where can I find it. I need to ensure both parents sign it as they are not married and the daughter has a double-barrelled surname of both her parents.

Thank you.

See this thread from last week: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2457208 and especially posts #9 and 10.

In post #9, I've posted a link to Royal Caribbean's online form that I use and in post #10 another CC member posted about how to handle it if the parents are signing at separate times.

You'll also need to insure that the travel documents meet the requirements of any of the countries of ports of call.

Have a great cruise.

~ Judy

See this thread from last week: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2457208 and especially posts #9 and 10.

In post #9, I've posted a link to Royal Caribbean's online form that I use and in post #10 another CC member posted about how to handle it if the parents are signing at separate times.

You'll also need to insure that the travel documents meet the requirements of any of the countries of ports of call.

Have a great cruise.

~ Judy

Thank you :)

I would also make sure that you have health insurance information and authorization for the friend to receive treatment.

When I travelled with 3 of my son's friends just before their senior year of HS, they were all still 17. I had all parents sign a letter granting permission to travel, included travel plans, got copies of their insurance cards (since we were going out of Florida and if something happened before we boarded...), included a statement that I had the right to make medical decisions on board and at any hospitals, and made sure they all paid for travel insurance.

I also had them agree to allow me to sign any waivers for on board activities. Make sure both parents sign and their signatures are notarized. Take the original and bring a couple of copies in the event someone needs to keep a copy (you don't want to give up your original one).

Make sure the friend brings her picture ID (DL) and either her passport or birth certificate.