Viking Repeat Customer Rewards

deec

We will not travel with Viking until September 2014....as we look ahead we hope to do a Buma/Irrawaddy cruise in 2015. Wondering if Viking gives a discount for repeat customers. We are also considering Grand Circle's cruise...the boats/ itineraries look comparable.

We will not travel with Viking until September 2014....as we look ahead we hope to do a Buma/Irrawaddy cruise in 2015. Wondering if Viking gives a discount for repeat customers. We are also considering Grand Circle's cruise...the boats/ itineraries look comparable.

You can read about it here.

http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/about-your-trip/loyaltyprogram.aspx

You can also start by receiving a discount on your first cruise with a Viking referral from a Viking Explorer member (a previous cruiser), if you haven't already done so.

Thanks, I read the Viking website but wondered if once onboard if additional incentives ( more than $200/pp) were offered for furture cruises, like on many ocean cruises.

The Burma Cruise "Memories of Mandalay" is an expensive trip and am trying to compare apples to apples between viking, grand circle and vantage.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks, I read the Viking website but wondered if once onboard if additional incentives ( more than $200/pp) were offered for furture cruises, like on many ocean cruises.

They do sell future cruise vouchers on-board: $400 for a $500 voucher. So only $100 pp savings. I already used mine: looking to buy more on our upcoming trip.

Edited by id est

They do sell future cruise vouchers on-board: $400 for a $500 voucher. So only $100 pp savings. I already used mine: looking to buy more on our upcoming trip.

Good to know. This was not made known to us on our first Viking cruise. :(

I've been getting postcards from Viking (as a past passenger) offering a $600 OBC per couple to book with them again. The offers have had an expiration date, and then a new postcard has come after that. Don't know how long this might keep up, but if I were going to book anything with Viking now, I'd tell them I want this deal.

I've been getting postcards from Viking (as a past passenger) offering a $600 OBC per couple to book with them again. The offers have had an expiration date, and then a new postcard has come after that. Don't know how long this might keep up, but if I were going to book anything with Viking now, I'd tell them I want this deal.

This is the "standard" discount for past passengers of Viking. You can often get addt'l discounts from your TA. We got a much better discount by booking with our TA than our friends were offered to book directly with Viking. They switched their booking to Viking. ;)

• 1 year later...

I disagree with these numbers. We bought two vouchers onboard at the rate of $100 for $200 future credit. We could buy up to four, and we could give them to others as gifts. We bought two in May 2014 and used them later that year, and we will buy more on our next cruise.

If a friend wants to go on a Viking cruise and would be new to Viking, your referral credit plus a $200 onboard voucher purchase by you (from their pocket or yours) gets them $600 total credit. Not a bad start!

These credits and friend referral credits are held in your "account" online.

-alice