Touring in topolobampro

CRUISEWITHH

There are very few activities available that don't involve a segment where participants "take a walking tour". Even a day on the beach may be a problem for people with mobility issues.

One option might be the Copper Canyon train ride. It will be an ALL DAY activity and likely start shortly after your arrival (6AM) and return you to the ship shortly before you sail (11PM). It is rather expensive as tours go but would be a once in a lifetime experience. Although I am a big fan of booking through an independent broker, this is one excursion I would book through the ship.

Otherwise, Topolobampo's claim to fame is a deep water harbor.

Good luck & Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Topolobampo is a small industrial town and has little to offer to tourists unfortunately. It is used by cruiselines as a starting point to the extreme long (but beautiful) daytrip by train to Copper Canyon.

A little farther away is the small town of Los Mochis which has a nice church, museum and a botanical garden. This is the starting point of the train.

Also a shuttle to a beach was offered, as far as I remember it was free.

There were cabs available at the dock, we had one that spoke reasonable english. Make your rate before getting into the cab, I donot remember what we paid.

We need suggestions for guides/tour companies for Topolobampro. My dh is not able to do much walking so it has to be something with little or no walking.

We will be there in the beginning of May.

As another poster mentioned, there is not much in the way of tourism infrastructure in Topo. Both times we have been there, shuttles were available to the beach and to Los Mochis. The last time we were there I believe the Los Mochis shuttle was no longer complimentary. I think it was $7/person. Don't know if that was one-way or round-trip.

Because of your DH's mobility limitations, I would suggest you stick with something offered through the ship. Phone the shorex department and ask lots of questions about any shorex that interests you.

For me, one highlight of being in Topo was watching the dolphins frolic near the ship -- I could have watched them for hours :D Oh wait, I did watch them for hours :D

We found the guide on the Los Mochis shuttle to be very informative and with a great command of English. Maybe just ride the bus round-trip without spending time in Los Mochis? The park in Los Mochis was lovely, but if I am remembering correctly the sidewalks might be problematic.

Just tossing out a few ideas here. Can you tell us more about what kind of activities appeal to you?