Itinerary change to Quest 12-JUN-14

BBMacLaird

Hello CC friends, there is a change to the Azamara Quest 12-June-2014 itinerary in the works.

This is the voyage that was to visit 3 ports in Ukraine. The company has decided that due to the recent geo-political events it is best to replace these ports.

(Be aware that the ACC website will not be up-to-date until midnight EST tonight, but this change really is happening.)

Below is the company statement coming out as I write...bb

- - - -

March 20, 2014

Due to recent events and uncertainty in Ukraine, we are modifying the Azamara Quest itinerary for the voyage of 12-June 2014. The primary change is replacement of three stops in Ukraine with new ports of call.

Rest assured, guests will have a fantastic experience on this voyage as listed below. Guests will experience scenic sailing, stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites and pretty Greek towns. They will sail the Dardanelles and pass through the Bosphorus twice, once with twinkling evening lights and again with daytime views of the Golden Horn. You will find the revised itinerary listed below.

Day 1- Thu, 12-Jun-14, Istanbul, Turkey, Embark, Overnight

Day 2 - Fri, 13-Jun-14, NEW - Istanbul, Turkey, Scenic night time passage of Bosporus, Depart 10 pm

Day 3 - Sat, 14-Jun-14, Nessebar, Bulgaria, Arrive 9 am, Depart 8 pm

Day 4 - Sun, 15-Jun-14, Constanta (Bucharest), Romania, Arrive 7 am, Depart 6 pm

Day 5 - Mon, 16-Jun-14, NEW – Bartin (Amazra/Safranbolu), Turkey, Arrive 9:30 am, Depart 7 pm

Day 6 - Tue, 17-Jun-14, Cruising: Scenic day-time passage of Bosporus passing Golden Horn / Istanbul

Day 7 - Wed, 18-Jun-14, NEW Volos (Meteora), Greece, Arrive 9 am, Depart 9 pm

Day 8 - Thu, 19-Jun-14, Skiathos, Greece, Arrive 8 am, Depart 5 pm

Day 9 - Fri, 20-Jun-14, NEW Nafplion (Mycenae), Greece, Arrive 9 am, Depart 8 pm

Day 10 - Sat, 21-Jun-14, Piraeus (Athens), Greece, Arrive 6 am, Debark

Guests who would like to explore alternative options, should contact their Travel Professional, or Azamara Club Cruises at 1.877.999.9553. Guests outside the United States and Canada should also call their Travel Professional or original booking office.

Please note that any changes to the voyage must be done by 8-April 2014.

We believe these changes are in the best interest of our guests, and apologize for any inconvenience.

we already booked this cruise last June, will guest get a reduction because of all these changes?

If there's no reduction we are thinking of cancelling this trip, since we are back to back from the 2nd of June and it will include some of the same ports

as the trip before

hope to hear from you

Annelies and Fred

we already booked this cruise last June, will guest get a reduction because of all these changes?

If there's no reduction we are thinking of cancelling this trip, since we are back to back from the 2nd of June and it will include some of the same ports

as the trip before

hope to hear from you

Annelies and Fred

I think the changes are based on safety issues and will not qualify for price reductions. You should apreciate the early notice so you can possibly make other plans.

The home office would never cancel a port of call without good reason. And unfortunately for all involved, especially the guests, sometimes itineraries have to be changed...always for reasons beyond the company's control.

Annelies & Fred - we hope you won't cancel your cruise with us. If for no other reason, you are within cancellation penalty period.

I'd recommend your travel agent give a call to the ACC call center @ 1-877-222-2526. Your agent would have already received a letter regarding your options. For example, in this case you can substitute another cruise with no penalty but it will have to be at prevailing rates.

Nafplion for 11 hours will be well worth a stop, if you haven't yet visited. I believe that's enough time to get over to both Epidavros and to Mycenae's Lions Gate. Lots of flower boxes and cafes in town, lots of archaic history in the countryside.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonnie,

Has any decision been made on the August 20th schedule?

March 20, 2014

Due to recent events and uncertainty in Ukraine, we are modifying the Azamara Quest itinerary for the voyage of 12-June 2014. The primary change is replacement of three stops in Ukraine with new ports of call.

Rest assured, guests will have a fantastic experience on this voyage as listed below. Guests will experience scenic sailing, stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites and pretty Greek towns. They will sail the Dardanelles and pass through the Bosphorus twice, once with twinkling evening lights and again with daytime views of the Golden Horn. You will find the revised itinerary listed below.

I have been to all the areas on both the old and new itineraries. In my opinion, the new itinerary is equally as good as the old one unless one had a specific desire to see the Crimean part of Ukraine and had not already seen the stops in Greece. The visits to Crimea would have probably emphasized the era from the Charge of the Light Brigade to World War II and the Cold War. The highlights of the new stops tend to focus on earlier periods. One additional difference is that the ship would have likely docked right in the Ukrainian cities. (I was able to walk into all three from the ship I was on.) The most important historic places to visit from the newly added cities will generally involve bus rides. However, the port for Mycenae is a charming artsy city that anyone who just likes to wander around, shop for arts and crafts, and have a nice meal will enjoy.

To me, the highlight of the revised itinerary is Meteora. If you go on the cruise, don't miss this unique place.

My final comment: Check out the new places on the Internet and I think you will see that Azamara has done a great job in revising the itinerary.