Going onboard

skinexpert

My husband, myself and two sisters will be boarding Oceania Riveria a few hours. We are in an Oceania suit and my sisters will have a b2 varanda suite. Will they be able to board with us at 11? The are aware the won't have their room immidately. Just wondering if the would be able to come our room and have lunch and hang out with us. Thanks

Edited by skinexpert

Boarding and room access are two different things.

You all can probably board, the rooms may not be available. In room food is probably not available as Butler and room service are not ready for the suite anyway, but they could go to your room.

When we have had a suite and boarded early we grabbed lunch at Waves. The surf and turf sandwich and parmesan fries are delicious! Just another of the reasons I am counting down the 18 days to my next Oceania cruise.

Depends on the port people

some will allow people in the lower Cat to board early some will stick to the rules on boarding times

Of course they can go to your Suite with you when it is ready (if they can board)

Just grab some lunch in the Terrace or Waves

My husband, myself and two sisters will be boarding Oceania Riveria a few hours. We are in an Oceania suit and my sisters will have a b2 varanda suite. Will they be able to board with us at 11? The are aware the won't have their room immidately. Just wondering if the would be able to come our room and have lunch and hang out with us. Thanks

Usually not.

When you check onto the ship at the computer stations in the Terminal, You and your husband will receive Gold Key Cards, in Oceania parlance, your World Cards, but your sisters will have a different color.

Embarkation is organized using those key cards as identifiers, which they must show at the gangway.

It's not strictly a status issue, remember that Suite guests prize that early boarding time partly because it gives them earlier access to in person Restaurant Reservations, Spa appointments, etc.

With the advent of pre-cruise reservations, the onboard component has become slightly less important, but even today there are lines at the Reservations desks immediately, so it's not really fair to allow others on concurrently.

Edited by StanandJim
wording change

As mentioned, while you can meet later in the cabin, there will be no room service and no in room dining at all that day until well after sailing

And.... to reiteriate... there is boarding...meaning you getting on the ship

AND...getting to your cabin.. which will be later in most all situations than the boarding time They are NOT THE SAME !!!

The difference may be several hours. You can board together if you do it several hours after initial boarding. This is for me about 3 hours prior to sailing we skip the food rush and board well after the start as it is relaxed and we have never gone hungry on any cruise so that the boarding buffet is no big deal if we miss a few .........