Three Freedom questions

My wife and I have taken two cruises before, but it's been a few years. This will be our first with our 5 year old. I had a few questions questions because we didn't get pictures taken or use tv's or have a kid the other times.

Pictures: I am strongly considering getting the photo package. How many opportunities for pictures are on the ship? I don't really remember any except for a line of people on the formal nights, but I probably just didn't pay attention. Also, do they have photographers with the characters for the package?

Basketball: Our cruise will be during the first weekend of March Madness. Will the tournament games be on the room tv or in one of the bars?

Adventure Ocean dinner: I know adventure ocean isn't open on the first night. We have mytime dining (the family time dining is full.) I think I've heard that some nights kids can eat in adventure ocean for dinner. Is that true? How many of the nights is that? We like the main dining room, and my daughter would be well-behaved, but she'd rather not sit through 7 nice dinners and we'd honestly rather have grown up dinners anyways for a change. Thanks so much!

My wife and I have taken two cruises before, but it's been a few years. This will be our first with our 5 year old. I had a few questions questions because we didn't get pictures taken or use tv's or have a kid the other times.

Pictures: I am strongly considering getting the photo package. How many opportunities for pictures are on the ship? I don't really remember any except for a line of people on the formal nights, but I probably just didn't pay attention. Also, do they have photographers with the characters for the package?

LIMITLESS. Photographers are everywhere. They set up every night, not just formal night. They are on the pool deck, they are on the pier in port. They wander the private "islands" of CocoCay and Labadee. Yes, there are character photo opportunities with the professional photographers, as well as opportunities for you to use your own camera.

Basketball: Our cruise will be during the first weekend of March Madness. Will the tournament games be on the room tv or in one of the bars?
Unknown. My guess is yes, but take that for what it is worth. ;)

Adventure Ocean dinner: I know adventure ocean isn't open on the first night. We have mytime dining (the family time dining is full.) I think I've heard that some nights kids can eat in adventure ocean for dinner. Is that true? How many of the nights is that? We like the main dining room, and my daughter would be well-behaved, but she'd rather not sit through 7 nice dinners and we'd honestly rather have grown up dinners anyways for a change. Thanks so much!

Ask this one on the Family Board: (or look up the answer there)

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

This will be hit or miss. Are you going Eastern or Western Caribbean? Royal has done a good job getting major sporting events on for its passengers, but the tourney is 65 or so teams playing at multiple times, in multiple venues and airing on multiple channels. Once on board listen to announcements and keep an eye on at bars and at the screen by the pool

I think it is about half the nights that the kids can eat "at the club", its been a couple of years since we really did it but I am fairly certain that it was port days that the kids were fed with the club and sea days they were not but I am prepared to be told I am wrong :)

I'm surprised that you were told Family Time Dining is full. This is a program in which the Adventure Ocean staff meet at the MDR about an hour into the meal to take your child up to Adventure Ocean for you. We use it most nights of the cruise.

In addition, based on our cruise on Adventure last year, you can sign your child up every night for dinner with the Adventure Ocean staff. You just need to ensure you sign them up by a certain time during the day. Lunch is provided with Adventure Ocean on certain days during the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

I asked my husband about the March Madness as he's a sports fanatic (GO VCU!) But he said selection sunday isnt until 3/15 so you shouldnt be missing any of the games. :D

I wish. That's the problem. My cruise is 15-22. Which will miss the whole first two rounds. It's not a huge deal. But with a drink package, I think my wife will be a lot more tolerant of the tournament. :-)

On our freedom cruises (2 of them), there were two nights you could sign up your kids for dinner with the Adventure Ocean staff. One was a formal night, the other was not. Johnny Rockets is closed to public, you check your kids in there for dinner and when the kids are done, they all go back to the kids clubs. You have to sign up by noon that day at the kids clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SarahD112