Pre Cruise Hotel Long Beach

jigger

Hi,

There are lots of possibilities but we have enjoyed several stays at the Maya which is a Doubletree by Hilton right near the cruise port but that is because they offer us a park n cruise rate which you don't need. Not sure if their prices without that would be what you wish to pay.

Here is a whole thread about that hotel and the code to get the cruise rate and the e mail of the person in charge of booking who might give you a better rate since you don't have a car:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2306751

There are also several Hyatts across the causeway in the main part of the city where you could also stay. We had a res there last year but changed it when the Mayas rate + free shuttle to from port got better.

There are no hotels with free shuttle from LAX as it is too far

• 2 weeks later...

We will be staying at the Hotel Maya for two nights precruise. I was torn between a couple of hotels (Renaissance Long Beach, Crowne) but I think we would like the Hotel Maya best. My only concern is whether the hotel is isolated from restaurants, shops, and bars, etc. Would we have to eat at the hotel or could we walk to other locations? The hotel looks very nice and it seems it gets very good reviews.

I love Santa Monica, but it seems to far to stay for such a short time.

Thanks!

The Maya is on the free Passport bus route. Goes past many restaurants, the Pike and the Aquarium of the Pacific.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for the Maya. They get great reviews and it's convenient to the port. It is kind of pricey, though. Here are some more options for nearby hotels: http://www.cruzely.com/hotels-near-the-los-angeles-long-beach-cruise-ports/

Are you flying in the day before your cruise? I hope so. Wayyyyy too many things can go wrong if you try to fly and sail on the same day.