flying into Fll, cruising from miami...

cruzn buckeye

I do not know of any hotels offering free shuttle to miami, but have used SAS transportation many times from Fort Lauderdale to the Miami cruiseport. $15 each, one way. Very professional, courteous, prompt service. I also use them for the transport back to FLL after the cruise. Check out their website. Enjoy your cruise !

We actually used the Carnival transport for this. It was $30 pp, but we were flying in the day of the cruise, and didnt want to risk it, since it was a pretty tight window, and the traffic between FLL and POM can be really bad.

We are doing the same thing in July, but we are STAYING in Miami.

That way, we just a quick 5 minute ride to the port in the morning.

Can you stay in MIA instead?

We are taking SAS from FLL to the InterContinental.

Just a thought.......good luck!:D

2 weeks ago we flew into FLL and cruised out of POM. We flew in the day before and used Jiffy Jeff to pick up our party of 5 and take us to our hotel, the intercontinental , in downtown Miami. That way it was only a 10.00 cab ride to the port the next morning.

Jiffy Jeff had a good rate and was very prompt picking us up at the Fll airport.

We are doing the same thing in July, but we are STAYING in Miami.

That way, we just a quick 5 minute ride to the port in the morning.

Can you stay in MIA instead?

We are taking SAS from FLL to the InterContinental.

Just a thought.......good luck!:D

When we lived in Michigan that's what we used to do as well. We still drive over and stay at the Intercontinental the day before the cruise.

SAS worked great for us.

we are flying into FLL and cruising from Miami in May as well. We are renting a car from FLL and returning it to MIA(airport). We booked the car rental via Costco Travel and chose Alamo and they supposedly offer a free shuttle from MIA to the cruise port.

When we lived in Michigan that's what we used to do as well. We still drive over and stay at the Intercontinental the day before the cruise.

SAS worked great for us.

Can you tell me how you liked the Inter Continental? Nice?

Location looks convenient to Bayside, and since we'll be there on the 4th of July, I'm thinking we should see fireworks, SOMEWHERE.

Thanks!!!!!!:D

we are flying into FLL and cruising from Miami in May as well. We are renting a car from FLL and returning it to MIA(airport). We booked the car rental via Costco Travel and chose Alamo and they supposedly offer a free shuttle from MIA to the cruise port.

Yes, Alamo does have a free shuttle from MIA to POM. We used it in February and it worked great. We also flew into FLL like you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any hotels in FLL that offer free shuttle to Miami cruiseport?

I thought i read that in a review...

There are definitely not any FLL hotels that have free shuttles to POM. I don't think are even any Miami hotels that have free shuttles to POM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Location looks convenient to Bayside, and since we'll be there on the 4th of July, I'm thinking we should see fireworks, SOMEWHERE.

Intercontinental is awesome and a great location too.We visited in September.Make sure to walk down to bayside and take the water taxi

Intercontinental is awesome and a great location too.We visited in September.Make sure to walk down to bayside and take the water taxi

Thank you!!! We are looking forward to it!!!

How much is the water taxi? Where can it take you?

We will be flying into FLL in a few weeks and using SAS to transport us to The Doubletree hotel in Miami. We will use the hotel shuttle to the port. After the cruise, SAS will pick us up at cruise port and take us to the FLL airport. We have done this several times in the past as well without any issues.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in FLL, which offers a cruise package to Miami port. We drove in and driving/parking in Miami made me nervous, and this worked out well for us.

Our package was right at $200 including taxes for two people, and allowed us to leave our car in their (gated) parking lot for the duration of the cruise, included breakfast, and shuttle to and from Miami. The only downfall is that to Miami is there is only one leave time to the port, and I believe it was around 11/11:30am. When we got back, we simply called while going through customs and we only waited about 5 minutes after going through customs to get headed back to the hotel. They also offered a return trip to the airport if you were flying. They do offer free pick up from the airport to the hotel when you arrive.

I priced it out using SAS and another, cheaper hotel, parking and this was around the same price total. We had a great experience with them and would definitely highly recommend. For us the big draw was being able to leave our car, your mileage may vary (ha!) if you're flying since that cost won't factor in.

Thank you!!! We are looking forward to it!!!

How much is the water taxi? Where can it take you?

http://www.watertaximiami.com/about_us.html

It shows where it stops on that link

Its nice to do in Miami but really awesome in fort Lauderdale to do ,lots of bars to stop and get a snack/drink and move to the next one and see all the big homes of the rich and famous as you go

Last Sept we flew into FLL, had free shuttle to Comfort Suites for night and then took MJS transport to port. $13 pp each way. They took us back to hotel after cruise because we had one nt post cruise before getting hotel free shuttle back to airport. Worked really well. Cost us $52 round trip plus tip. Extremely pleased.

We love the rooms that face the port and it is a very nice place. It is a quick 5 minute or so walk over to the Bayside Market Place. You can go to baysidemarketplace dot com and see the lists of stores and restaurants.

The is also the Holiday Inn Port of Miami that is right across the street from Bayside. They were renovating the last time I stayed there. We had an awesome corner room that we got upgraded to not sure how the other rooms are.

Last Sept we flew into FLL, had free shuttle to Comfort Suites for night and then took MJS transport to port. $13 pp each way. They took us back to hotel after cruise because we had one nt post cruise before getting hotel free shuttle back to airport. Worked really well. Cost us $52 round trip plus tip. Extremely pleased.

was the Comfort Suites you stayed in FLL or MIA?

Bill

Any hotels in FLL that offer free shuttle to Miami cruiseport?

I thought i read that in a review...

I think a lot of the hotels kind of partner with van companies to provide transportation to either port of miami or fort lauderdale. I am not sure if any of the hotels actually shuttle people back and forth with their own vans. The laquinta airport north offers a van service to take you to the port, with round trip back to the airport after the cruise as well for a reasonable price. So, I believe, does the holiday inn in fort lauderdale, I believe they charge based on how many pax ride on each trip to the cruise port. At least it used to be this way. Most hotels offer something similar. Just make a reservation ahead of time so you get a set price and time for transportation and you're good. Trip generally only takes a half hour unless the weather is bad or the traffic on 95 sucks. I only fly into FLL when cruising out of south Florida and have never had an issue getting to the ship in Miami.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

We love the rooms that face the port and it is a very nice place. It is a quick 5 minute or so walk over to the Bayside Market Place. You can go to baysidemarketplace dot com and see the lists of stores and restaurants.

The is also the Holiday Inn Port of Miami that is right across the street from Bayside. They were renovating the last time I stayed there. We had an awesome corner room that we got upgraded to not sure how the other rooms are.

I have stayed there and it is nice but more expensive than other area hotels. It's right off Biscayne Blvd and a short walk from restaurants like bubba Gump shrimp company and hooter's. Right on the water too. Just get a cab from there to the port, 5 minute ride.