Singapore: Gardens by the Bay

stefanny28

Hi;

Our ship, the Celebrity Millenium, will be docked overnight in Singapore.

I was planing to visit the Gardens by the Bay while the ship is staying overnight.

I have some questions:

1/ Is the ship docked at Marina South Pier?

2/ Is it close to an MRT station?

3/ how do we get from the eport to the GArdens? By bus, MRT or taxi?

4/ If it is by taxi, how much will it cost? Will taxi be available from the port?

Thanks

Hi;

Our ship, the Celebrity Millenium, will be docked overnight in Singapore.

I was planing to visit the Gardens by the Bay while the ship is staying overnight.

I have some questions:

1/ Is the ship docked at Marina South Pier?

2/ Is it close to an MRT station?

3/ how do we get from the eport to the GArdens? By bus, MRT or taxi?

4/ If it is by taxi, how much will it cost? Will taxi be available from the port?

Thanks

1 & 2. We were on the Millenium last year and docked at the Cruise Terminal at Marina Bay. We walked to the MRT station and took it to the Gardens By the Bay. We went at dusk so it wasn't as hot. The light show starts after it get's dark.

3 & 4, You can take a taxi, it won't cost very much since it's pretty close. There are a lot of taxis at the Cruise Terminal.

see the MRT map, brown dotted line,

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/files/Train%20System%20Map%2023022016.pdf

Thank you loeb.

Did you enjoy your visit?

What time did you leave the ship?

Did you buy tickets in advance online or at the entrance?

Thanks

We have been to Singapore twice and yes we enjoyed the city. Orchard Road has the main shopping area and if you have time, stop at Raffles (it's one of the stops on the HO HO Bus) to see the Long Bar, but don't get a Singapore Sling - too expensive.

On the last trip we arrived around noon, checked in, unpacked and then left the ship around 5:00 pm. You can buy the MRT tickets at the station and we took the MRT to Garden View, but maybe not on the brown line, sorry, can't remember.

Thanks

We'll go in the late afternoon so we can see the light shows. It looks like an easy MRT ride from the ship.

Yup it's the Red line. Please note that not all the Red line trains will end at Marina Pier station. Just look out for the sigh that says it ends there.

WELCOME to Singapore!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks

We'll go in the late afternoon so we can see the light shows. It looks like an easy MRT ride from the ship.

Just back from Singapore (had 5 nights there after a cruise). Loved Gardens by the Bay. I caught the MRT all over the place, it is very efficient. Trains are frequent. According to my MRT map, jump on the train at Marina South Pier MRT, go one stop to Marina Bay MRT where you then change to the orange line (Circle Line) and then it appears just one stop to Bayfront MRT where the gardens are. I did the domes late afternoon/evening and then caught the second supertrees show (7.45pm and 8.45pm but confirm at time of your cruise).

We were in Singapore last November and thoroughly enjoyed it! Fortunately, our cruise ended there, so we had four days to check it out.

Because Singapore is very spread-out and you have such a short time, you'll really need to decide where to focus your time. The cruise terminal is quite a long walk to the metro station, so if you are not a good walker, I'd suggest that you catch a cab. Enjoy your trip!

http://cruiseports.ca/asia/singapore.html

We were in Singapore last November and thoroughly enjoyed it! Fortunately, our cruise ended there, so we had four days to check it out.

Because Singapore is very spread-out and you have such a short time, you'll really need to decide where to focus your time. The cruise terminal is quite a long walk to the metro station, so if you are not a good walker, I'd suggest that you catch a cab. Enjoy your trip!

http://cruiseports.ca/asia/singapore.html

i'm confused, the link says its a five minute walk or 600 meters from the terminal depending on your terminal. Is it one of those ports were it is a long walk to the terminal before you exit?

Edited by KirkNC

The Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore building is large, but it is situated right on the mainland. You don't have to walk through an industrial port area. The distance that I was referring to is between the Cruise Centre entrance and the nearest metro station (Marina South Pier MRT Station). We are both good walkers and it took us nearly 10 minutes.

Here is the exact location of the MRT station: Marina South Pier MRT Station:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Marina+South+Pier/@1.270958,103.8610533,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x31da191f449041ab:0x83979ff4e063d7f!8m2!3d1.270958!4d103.863242

Sorry if I confused you!

i'm confused, the link says its a five minute walk or 600 meters fro
m the terminal depending on your terminal. Is it one of those ports were it is a long walk to the terminal before you exit?

This link may be of interest to you and was done by a Singaporean. If I'm not mistaken there is video done of Marina Bay Cruise Terminal too. :)

• 1 month later...
This link may be of interest to you and was done by a Singaporean. If I'm not mistaken there is video done of Marina Bay Cruise Terminal too. :)

Could you perhaps give me some suggestions for hotels fairly close to the Garden by the Bay? Is that where they have the laser light show at night? Thanks so very much for your help

Judy from SW Florida

Could you perhaps give me some suggestions for hotels fairly close to the Garden by the Bay? Is that where they have the laser light show at night? Thanks so very much for your help

Judy from SW Florida

You may like to try Marina Bay Sands which is next to Gardens by the Bay.

You may like this thread too. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278154&highlight=mariner

Judy from SW Florida

There's nothing closer than MBS as an exit leads to the gardens and their greenhouses, you won't be disappointed esp. at Christmas. You should also check Sentosa Island, the Flyer and night zoo. Singapore is very tourist attraction oriented so 3-4 nights won't be enough to see all.

• 2 weeks later...
You may like to try Marina Bay Sands which is next to Gardens by the Bay.

You may like this thread too. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278154&highlight=mariner

Wow thanks for the link!. Going in April 2017 and I too am dying to get into that fab. pool and the rest of the scene at Marina Bay Sands. I too am fussing about the cost. So many of the hotels are really really expensive so maybe for the difference the pool is worth it. With this link now noted I can do more "research!"