The World closes the NZ cruising season

The cruise ship , The World , arrived in Auckland today and is here until Good Friday , 18th April. She is is the last cruise ship for the 2013/14 season.

Dawn Princess calls in May after a circumnavigation of Au and NZ and then we have Pacific Pearl with her winter cruising programme.

The weather is not the best for The World, as the tail end of Cyclone Ita is predicted to slip down across the Tasman Sea and give us a bit of a blast. It has weakened a lot and good drop of rain would be very welcome.

20h5x1c.jpg

140f5ag.jpg

2cxugiw.jpg

Does anyone know the itinerary of The World after it leaves Sydney in May. I am finding it quite elusive to track down. To be specific, I would like to know if it is going to berth in Brisbane after departing Sydney.

Any clues will be much appreciated. It is listed as being in Brisbane for 2 days arriving 19 May and departing 20 May but the Harbour Master reckons he hasn't got it on his shipping movements calendar.

Many thanks in advance,

Danny

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Port of Brisbane website has it on its Cruise Schedule as follows

The World

19 May 2014 1200hrs

20 May 2014 2000hrs

Portside

after that all I can find for her Australia visit is....

April ; Norfolk Island

May ; Sydney; Brisbane ; Hamilrton Island ; Port Douglas ; Cairns

The itinerary is fairly fluid. I believe the owners have a say in where it goes and when.

David, thanks so much for your reply.

You are right. The port schedule shows it as you say but the Harbour Master has no record of it visiting in May.

I am just trying to clarify where the Dawn Princess will berth for some friends. The port says it will be berth at the grain terminal but harbour master says the Dawn Princess will be at Dockside as The World is not on his schedule.

I am not sure who is correct. But thanks for your reply anyway.

Nice photos of it in Auckland.

Danny

The World is still making its way around NZ. I feel its left its run a little late this year. They will sure need their winter woollies in Christchurch today. It was minus 1 at the airport the other morning and snow has fallen in the hills.

Brrrr.

28world2_zpsf1250bc5.jpg

Just checked out the Port of Lyttleton schedule to get an idea of where she is heading.

Previous port was Kaikoura and next port is Akaroa , so she is staying around that area for a few days. I guess Kaikoura would be scenic cruising and whale watching. The weather is not looking the best for Akaroa tomorrow.

I still dont understand why she is here so late in the season. The original intent of the ship was to follow the sun.

Just checked out the Port of Lyttleton schedule to get an idea of where she is heading.

Previous port was Kaikoura and next port is Akaroa , so she is staying around that area for a few days. I guess Kaikoura would be scenic cruising and whale watching. The weather is not looking the best for Akaroa tomorrow.

I still dont understand why she is here so late in the season. The original intent of the ship was to follow the sun.

Yes, but I suppose if they only go where they want to then it doesn't matter so much.:D

The Port of Brisbane website has it on its Cruise Schedule as follows

The World

19 May 2014 1200hrs

20 May 2014 2000hrs

Portside

after that all I can find for her Australia visit is....

April ; Norfolk Island

May ; Sydney; Brisbane ; Hamilrton Island ; Port Douglas ; Cairns

The itinerary is fairly fluid. I believe the owners have a say in where it goes and when.

Wow......can you imagine trying to get that many people to agree? :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Wow......can you imagine trying to get that many people to agree? :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

They seem to all get on. I guess they have to. There would be set dates to arrive in certain ports to hook up with fuel and supplies etc, but I believe the days in between can be decided by the owners.

I also read somewhere , that each owner of an apartment on The World , pays a minimum contribution to running and maintenance expenses of

$20,000.00 per month.

They seem to all get on. I guess they have to. There would be set dates to arrive in certain ports to hook up with fuel and supplies etc, but I believe the days in between can be decided by the owners.

I also read somewhere , that each owner of an apartment on The World , pays a minimum contribution to running and maintenance expenses of

$20,000.00 per month.

:eek: I may have to wait till I win the lotto for that one!

According to someone on Twiter (Who is a guide currently on her for her South island trip) and photos I have seen on Facebook, she spent the day anchored in Kaikoura and the passengers went whale watching and exploring Kaikoura.

Kiwi Kruzer, if you want to know where she is going to next or what the other ships are up to while they are around New Zealand (next season), check out this site: http://www.cruisenewzealand.org.nz/schedule .

Does anyone know the itinerary of The World after it leaves Sydney in May. I am finding it quite elusive to track down. To be specific, I would like to know if it is going to berth in Brisbane after departing Sydney.

Any clues will be much appreciated. It is listed as being in Brisbane for 2 days arriving 19 May and departing 20 May but the Harbour Master reckons he hasn't got it on his shipping movements calendar.

Many thanks in advance,

Danny

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Definitely in Brisbane at Portside for the hours quoted by David

$20,000.00 per month.

The itinerary is signed off pretty much two years in advance. The ship needs to know that there are facilities to manage residents and guests getting ashore and getting them around once they get ashore.

I didn't hear of any occasion where the ship arrived somewhere unannounced.

It was an amazing community to be a part of , if only for a few weeks.

The itinerary is signed off pretty much two years in advance. The ship needs to know that there are facilities to manage residents and guests getting ashore and getting them around once they get ashore.

I didn't hear of any occasion where the ship arrived somewhere unannounced.

It was an amazing community to be a part of , if only for a few weeks.

I look forward to reading your review. Can you also tell us how you managed to get onto the world for the three weeks.:D