Barcelona - If we can't check into hotel early...

Here in the states, we usually have no problem leaving our bags with the front desk/bell staff if our room isn't ready and we have never had any issues. We are arriving in Barcelona at 10am and I don't anticipate our room will be ready. Should we consider leaving our bags if this is available? We will be staying at the MH Apartment Hotel Barcelona.

Yes, that's what we have done. If you are concerned about theft, lock your bags.

I wouldn't leave a bag with valuables, a laptop or iPad with a hotel clerk anywhere, even in the U.S., since security may be a little lax in the area where they might store them.

Here in the states, we usually have no problem leaving our bags with the front desk/bell staff if our room isn't ready and we have never had any issues. We are arriving in Barcelona at 10am and I don't anticipate our room will be ready. Should we consider leaving our bags if this is available? We will be staying at the MH Apartment Hotel Barcelona.

It's the same in Barcelona..no reason to be any more concerned than you would in the States taking the same precautions ;)

It's the same in Barcelona..no reason to be any more concerned than you would in the States taking the same precautions ;)

Thank you. You know when you're researching destinations you've never been to, you find SO MUCH negativity on the internet! Honestly, by the time I was done for the day I had almost decided we needed an armed guard and mini tasers. Hahaha.

Thank you. You know when you're researching destinations you've never been to, you find SO MUCH negativity on the internet! Honestly, by the time I was done for the day I had almost decided we needed an armed guard and mini tasers. Hahaha.

Perhaps what you have read online are posts referring to pickpockets in Barcelona? And that is actually an issue to be aware of in crowds and on public transportation. There are many threads about that on this forum.

Edited by Chloe1500

By the time we got to Barcelona for our post-cruise I was so "PARANOID" :eek: about the pick-pockets...just reading posts on this board. We've traveled all over the world and for some reason were led to believe this was the training ground for ALL of them... We just used the normal amount of caution we use anywhere and had no problem at all.

By the time we got to Barcelona for our post-cruise I was so "PARANOID" :eek: about the pick-pockets...just reading posts on this board. We've traveled all over the world and for some reason were led to believe this was the training ground for ALL of them... We just used the normal amount of caution we use anywhere and had no problem at all.

RIGHT?? I here ya! I'm going to relax and take normal precautions. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

You can do that, but your luggage will not be locked in a room (depending on the hotel).

Your problem is that Barcelona is the pickpocket capital of Europe and if you have passports, credit cards, cash that you would normally put in a safe, you don't want to take that stuff with you while touring the city. Also, leaving it in an unlocked area at the hotel is not good either.

Our first trip to Barcelona, our hotel checked us in around Noon, which was a little early, and we had a couple of hours that we spent in the hotel cafe having coffee and pastries.

On our second trip, we were at another hotel and when the ship returned to port we used Barcelona Day Tours for a tour where all our luggage was with us in the van and protected at all times.