Laundry powder capsules

Yesterday while doing my grocery shopping I noticed that Radiant (Cussons) now have laundry powder capsules available. One capsule does one load. These will be great for travel. :)

You can also buy 'sheets' of detergent in resealable packs. Can't think of the name because I keep them in my suitcase all the time for travelling. Half a sheet for a normal load (from memory) and 1 sheet for a larger load. May be safer than capsules because there is no risk of the capsule being squashed and bursting.:p

I've been looking for those but have never seen them here. I know they are available in the US although, from what I've read, they are getting harder and harder to find even there. I think Amazon still stocks them.

I'm always a bit cautious about trying new laundry products after getting a nasty rash many years ago when I switched to a different brand of laundry powder.

I've been looking for those but have never seen them here. I know they are available in the US although, from what I've read, they are getting harder and harder to find even there. I think Amazon still stocks them.

I'm always a bit cautious about trying new laundry products after getting a nasty rash many years ago when I switched to a different brand of laundry powder.

Not much use on some of the cruise lines (X) but great for some of the others. :D

Yes, plus other travel where you stay in apartments that have laundry facilities, even some hotels. The Sofitel in Broadbeach (Gold Coast) has a guest laundry, which surprised me. Gave me something to do on a squally afternoon. ;)

The sheets are by Purex. Years ago I ordered some in individual packs from Amazon. They have worked well for us. Lots of scents --or not http://www.amazon.com/Purex-Complete-Laundry-Sheets-Clean/dp/B0053XE8A2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1404677953&sr=8-4&keywords=purex+3+in+1+laundry+sheets

Cheers, I think if I were to take any of these type packages overseas, the sheets would be more compact and less obvious to a possible customs search mistaking them for something else.:rolleyes:

I agree. I'm hoping to order some stuff from Amazon soon so might add a packet of those to the order. If anyone else is interested I could add a few extra packets to the order ;)

But I'm also going to try the Radiant capsules on local trips to see how they go. Plan B :D

I agree. I'm hoping to order some stuff from Amazon soon so might add a packet of those to the order. If anyone else is interested I could add a few extra packets to the order ;)

But I'm also going to try the Radiant capsules on local trips to see how they go. Plan B :D

Good idea, also to have a plan B.:D

Can I suggest instead of Radiant Capsules, you try Tide Pods - they are excellent (better than Radiant). You can now buy Tide Laundry Detergent at Costco but last time we were there, you still couldn't buy the Pods. They are excellent for travelling. I also use Bounce which are the sheets for the dryer. You can buy them at Costco and/or Amazon. Your laundry will smell oh so nice:D

Cheers

Di

Thanks, DizzieDi, the more info on these type of things the better. :)

Are the Tide Pods in the regular supermarkets? Not just CostCo?

In the US they are readily available but here I have only seen the liquid detergent at Coles (at a crazy price - but bought it anyway because it is so good:eek:). It is a lot cheaper at Costco here - I am hoping we will get the pods soon.

Cheers

Di

Yesterday while doing my grocery shopping I noticed that Radiant (Cussons) now have laundry powder capsules available. One capsule does one load. These will be great for travel. :)

Yes - I've noticed those, and given it a thought or two. Is perfect for Princess cruises (we get a self serve laundry on most decks). In the past, I've packed a small tuppaware container of decent laundry powder (I'm not a fan of the tablets you can purchase on board princess for a quarter - but will do if stuck). But I think the capsules would be a better option. At present I have been booking full suites, so free cleaning is included in the price, but if I was to book a mini-suite or balcony, I would definately give the capsules a go.....

Edited by Lanwood

At present I have been booking full suites.....

Lucky sod! :D

We're going up to Port Douglas early September so I will get a chance to try the capsules out before our cruise. I much prefer to use a laundry powder that I'm familiar with.

We bought the tide pods in the US for our cruise back to Sydney and they were great. No mess and no measuring. Years ago I bought radiant pouches which had the correct measure of powder in a biodegrdable bag that you just threw in. I still have those in my cupboard for cruises that have laundry facilities. When they run out it will be pods/capsules for the convenience although I am interested in the sheets things.

Lucky sod! :D

One Must Dip one's toes in the pool of indulgence now and then :D

I'm going to research those sheets that Chelseapop mentioned. I've not heard of them before, but they sound like good packing sense when squashing into a suitcase

I've seen lots of posts about them on various threads here. The only hassle is getting them from Amazon. I'm waiting on hubby to make up his mind about some stuff that he is about to order from Amazon, and I'll get some then.

We bought the tide pods in the US for our cruise back to Sydney and they were great. No mess and no measuring. Years ago I bought radiant pouches which had the correct measure of powder in a biodegrdable bag that you just threw in. I still have those in my cupboard for cruises that have laundry facilities. When they run out it will be pods/capsules for the convenience although I am interested in the sheets things.

Those older-style Radiant pouches were good but fairly fragile. The new capsules are more like giant-sized dishwasher tablets - the same sort of coating. They don't feel as fragile.

They must be fairly new, I didn't see them online last time I looked and I haven't seen them in my local Woolies. I'll give them a try too.

• 3 weeks later...

If one is starting their cruise in Sydney and / or Auckland there are supermarkets close to the wharf where one can purchase necessities like toiletries, laundry materials, soft drinks etc so there is not really any need to bring any of that stuff with you if coming from afar.