Pleasant experience at Comfort Inn & Suites in Texas City (near Galveston)

PlanoTim

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Texas City prior to our Liberty of the Seas cruise out of Galveston last week. I was pleased with the experience for a one-night, pre-cruise stay. It is about 20 minutes from the port. I booked directly with the hotel chain’s site for $76.50 (about $86 with taxes). The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and in good shape. The towels and sheets were nice and the staff was pleasant. The room had a fridge, microwave, and single server coffee maker. There was a small pool and a hot tub, fitness room, and business center. The complimentary breakfast had coffee, juice, milk, cereal, fruit, pastry, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, and make-your-own waffles (shaped like Texas :D ).

Comfort Inn & Suites Texas City

320 Highway 146 North, Texas City, TX

(409) 945-5300

BTW, I’m not affiliated with this hotel or chain in any way. Just wanted to report a pleasant experience.

Tim

Appreciate the report.

Did you have your own car, or did you get to the port some other way?

Hi, Bob. We drove down from Plano (north of Dallas) the night before the cruise so we'd be close by and not have to get up way early to get to the port. I parked at Galveston Park N Cruise as we usually do. We've stayed in the area before other cruises with mixed results, so I wanted to pass on a place I thought was a great value. The Comfort Inn was better than most places we've stayed at in that price range.

Hi, Bob. We drove down from Plano (north of Dallas) the night before the cruise so we'd be close by and not have to get up way early to get to the port. I parked at Galveston Park N Cruise as we usually do. We've stayed in the area before other cruises with mixed results, so I wanted to pass on a place I thought was a great value. The Comfort Inn was better than most places we've stayed at in that price range.

Thanks Tim, appreciate the info.

I think I heard that this hotel does a cruise and park rate, do you know anything about that? Thank you for your review, some of the hotel prices I have seen are really high, so I will be looking into this one for sure. Also, how many days/months ahead of your cruise did you book the hotel?

I think I heard that this hotel does a cruise and park rate, do you know anything about that? Thank you for your review, some of the hotel prices I have seen are really high, so I will be looking into this one for sure. Also, how many days/months ahead of your cruise did you book the hotel?

I'm not aware of any cruise-and-park deal there, but I wasn't looking for that. So I may have just missed it. I can tell you that their parking lot is not fenced/gated like some that offer parking during a cruise. I booked 2 months before our cruise.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Texas City prior to our Liberty of the Seas cruise out of Galveston last week. I was pleased with the experience for a one-night, pre-cruise stay. It is about 20 minutes from the port. I booked directly with the hotel chain’s site for $76.50 (about $86 with taxes). The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and in good shape. The towels and sheets were nice and the staff was pleasant. The room had a fridge, microwave, and single server coffee maker. There was a small pool and a hot tub, fitness room, and business center. The complimentary breakfast had coffee, juice, milk, cereal, fruit, pastry, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, and make-your-own waffles (shaped like Texas :D ).

Comfort Inn & Suites Texas City

320 Highway 146 North, Texas City, TX

(409) 945-5300

BTW, I’m not affiliated with this hotel or chain in any way. Just wanted to report a pleasant experience.

Tim

We stayed there also after our cruise. Nice rooms, enough of a breakfast and on time shuttle to the airport to catch our flight...We had a group of 8 that had LJ Cormier as our Van transport from the port...He was courteous, friendly, ON Time, and very resonable.....Will definitlely contact him again....

• 2 weeks later...

This place sounds great, but I have a question. We are planning on driving down Saturday afternoon with our grandson, and the hotel prices in Galveston are outrageous! But we would still like to take him for a few hours on Saturday, then drive back to spend the night. Is this place close enough to not feel like we drove halfway back to Dallas just to sleep? Edit: I just checked and they are booked for the night before we cruise. Boo.

Edited by TexasRed

This place sounds great, but I have a question. We are planning on driving down Saturday afternoon with our grandson, and the hotel prices in Galveston are outrageous! But we would still like to take him for a few hours on Saturday, then drive back to spend the night. Is this place close enough to not feel like we drove halfway back to Dallas just to sleep? Edit: I just checked and they are booked for the night before we cruise. Boo.

Sorry to hear they are booked already. But to answer your question in case others may be curious, it took us about 20 minutes to get to the port on Sunday morning (there wasn't much traffic at that time).

• 1 month later...

Very helpful post, Tim! We will be on the Liberty October 9, and this hotel was one on my (so far very short) list of hotels. We just need a clean, comfortable place to stay for one night. Were there restaurants nearby for dinner? Doesn't have to be fancy. Fast food is fine. Thanks in advance!

Very helpful post, Tim! We will be on the Liberty October 9, and this hotel was one on my (so far very short) list of hotels. We just need a clean, comfortable place to stay for one night. Were there restaurants nearby for dinner? Doesn't have to be fancy. Fast food is fine. Thanks in advance!

Yep there are some places (Denny's, Subway, Popeye's, Sonic, etc.) within a few miles. There are also some local non-chain restaurants you might want to look into on Yelp or whatever. We didn't find loads of stuff nearby that looked fantastic, but we didn't starve, either.

Hope that helps some.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in one of these chains in Florida one night before and after a cruise. Was very clean and nice rooms there too. Good to know there is one in Texas. We cruise out of Galveston August 2017 but I'm getting my info together now because we usually leave out of a Florida port. Thank you!!